1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tigress on the prowl - Punto 90hp Sport

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Auto Freak, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Auto freak
    nice pics :)
    the other punto alloys have been painted,which color is it ? grey or black ? i can see from the pic that paint is coming off.. is it ?
  2. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks a lot Ganges! :)
    The other Punto is TFIan DRIV3R's! The wheels are in gun metal grey the paint is intact.
    What you see in this pic could be some reflection.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

Chennai
    Contrary to my comments on the opening post of this thread about Punto's build quality, I'd now like to applaud it! My Tigress has really made me wonder in astonishment about her body strength in two instances. The latest one being today.

Incident 1:
    I was driving back home from work on the last section of the Nellore - Chennai highway. Traffic was at its chaotic best at around 6PM. I approached the toll to see a huge pile up of traffic before it.
    I then saw a few cars making their way though the bike lane! My friends in the back seat urged me to do it as well.
    I sprinted towards the bike lane. Just when I was about to pass through, the security guard pulled in the barricade to narrow the gap!! That caused my rear right fender to hit the barricade. I could see the yellow metal barricade rock on my rear view mirror.
    My heart sank as I was sure of a dent. The first dent on her due to my stupidity of pushing her through a bike lane.
    I quickly pulled over to check the damage. And man was I surprised! All that had resulted was some yellow paint sticking on to the body. I rubbed it with a wet cloth and that was gone as well! I was so happy!
    I couldn't have thanked FIAT enough for such build quality in this age of cost cutting with every micron of sheet metal thickness reduced.

Incident 2:
    It was a few minutes before now on my way back from office. I had a bottle cap sized stone fly from somewhere and hit my rear right door. It should probably have been from the wheels of a vehicle on the opposite lane.
    I heard a loud bang. And again, nothing happened. Not even the smallest dent!

Hail FIAT!

yre3a7y3.jpg

Sent from my Cynus T2 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
    7 people like this.
  4. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    Dear Auto Freak,
    Did spot your Tigress today in the "jungles" of TFI .... RARE SPECIE IN THE POSSESSION OF BOLD MEN.
    Pictures speak about the the "Man and the Machine"
    Congratulations...!

Drive safe...and Enjoy Life Fearlessly...!

S A SHAH

1 person likes this.
  5. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

Chennai
    Got a magic FC figure today! Did a 200km drive from Chennai to my home town today. Got an FC of 22.9kmpl!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21362220269.160432.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21362220297.006109.jpg

Also, used the Trip B to record only the highway stretch from Chengalpattu to Madapattu (130km). The FC in this stretch was 25.3kmpl! :D

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21362220399.275912.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21362220422.568934.jpg

Shifted at 2K rpm and stayed at 80 - 90 on the highway.
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
    5 people like this.
  6. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

Chennai
    Update! update! update!

My Tigress crossed 10K km today after 115 days of being together :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21362401201.911915.jpg
    2 people like this.
  7. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

Chennai
    The first dent :(

My babe got her first dent yesterday. Its on the driver side door. The sad part is I don't even know how it happened. :(

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21363010512.676681.jpg

It most probably happened at the Besant nagar beach parking last evening. I noticed it only today morning when the door wasn't opening properly.

Have to get it mended this weekend.
    The door takes for or five pulls of the handle to open from outside. Opens fine from the inside though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Unfortunate.

In India, most of the dents happen only during the parking. I usually try to avoid parking along with the crowd as much as possible. Even if thats little far, I park and walk down.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Auto Freak,
    i too had dent in the same fashion when my car was parked.
    it was happened due to an Audi car left door, kids were playing inside the car,they pushed the door outside hardly and thats it, banged my car and got a gift.

Your hit might have been pretty hard thats big dent.
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ Autofreak, its heartening to see such things! Why dont people care & respect others' possession! :A As ramjn pointed out even am shit scared to take car to any place which has no proper parking facility. But everytime one cant avoid !!

Check whether paintless dent removal can be done..