1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thyaga is ready for a Jet setting life

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by thyagu2_2006, Feb 26, 2013.

1. thyagu2_2006

This is Thyagarajan Krishnamoorthy from Chennai. After a long wait I got myself a lovey Bronzo Scuro T Jet plus lat week.

The Background.
    I am a diehard FIAT fan since 2005 when I first got my Palio NV 1,2. Since then I have owned a 1.6 GTX, an 1.6 Adventure. In 2010 i got a Palio 1.3 Multijet which is my current work horse. It is a pleasure to drive the Palio MJD. Recently having sold my Chevy Optra I felt the need for a second car.
    So I decided to start the dialogue with my wife

Me: Dear, now that we sold our optra don’t you think we need another car.
    Wife: Oh yes. I would love to have a small car and you will have your Palio all for yourself.
    Me: That’s fine, but we will buy a sedan. More space, more comfort and we are used to Optra on long drives.
    Wife: OK shall we see Nissan Sunny?
    Me: Sunny? But I am more inclined towards European cars like VW, Skoda, BMW, and Mercedes.
    Wife: Thank God I was expecting Fiat to top the list. We will try Skoda.
    Me: But Skodas are known for poor service and VW too joining the league.
    Wife: You had complaints with Fiat too.
    Me: But we have forums and friends to help. Why can’t it be a FIAT?
    Wife: There you come. Old habits die hard and so is your love for FIAT. I don’t see any comparable model in FIAT other than Punto and Linea.
    Me: No no.Fiat has a T jet which is comparable to VW jetta 1.4. See these pictures.
    Wife: Oh this is what you were looking for the last hour or so.
    Me: I was just going through the specs, features etc. (gazing again on the pictures)
    Wife: Stop looking at the pictures as a teenager looking at a playboy mag.
    Me: You are jealous. Don’t you agree she look damn sexy in that BNW color?
    Wife: Ok do as you please. I will have the Palio and I can’t drive big cars.
    Me: You are used to driving Adventure and Optra which are equally big. Ok I will visit the showroom tomorrow.
    Now having convinced my better half for a T jet, my actual search began. Contacted the dealers and to my dismay no T jets are available. Called Mr.Vikram of Fiat India who located a T jet with TFL dealer in Kerala. Offered 8.4 lacs OTR plus TN entry tax. The total came to 9.3 lacs. Decided to look for pre owned Tjet and asked my Friend Mr.Makesh Ravi of Coimbatore for help. I was in for a surprise. Makesh wants to sell his 3 months old TJet plus as he is getting himself a Linea MD. Jumped in joy and everything came to a conclusion in a couple of days. Rushed to Coimbatore and drove back the Linea TJET Bronzo Scuro to Chennai.
    This is the same Tjet which took part is FIAT factory visit in DEC. It still got the TEAM Fiat factory visit sticker with Serial no 51 and huge FIAT logo on the doors.
    This is a possession closer to my heart and incidentally Mr.Makesh Ravi was instrumental for my Palio SDX purchase also.
    Will come with more updates soon.
    P.S: After the test drive my better half has decided to keep the T jet for her and I will get my chance only for the long drives.
    1 person likes this.
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Very nice. Good choice.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Congratulations! Do show us plenty of pics of the Jet.

There ya go! No one can escape the charm of the T-Jet.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Hearty Congratulations, Thyagarajan. :)

T-Jet is one beast that is hard to ignore. Enjoy with your new ride.
  5. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulation Thyagarajan, please share lots of pics of Jet & share your exp. Drive safely.
  6. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Congrats on your new Ride.

and loved the conversation..
  7. tps11

tps11 Amatore

Welcome to the T-Jet family...
  8. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    tjet is is a dream car still a reality. u know what i mean. congratrs. ans yes at least 50 pics
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats, and you have the Great car in your shed, What more does anyone wants a car which was driven by a Passionate.... is same as a New.

Tjet is the best car in India, Also hear that the Fiat's will again start manufacturing the Tjet's soon.
  10. joymrc007

joymrc007 Timido

Congrats on the T-jet man! BTW Where in kerala did fiat find that T-jet? was it a t-jet plus or tjet? what color was it and man.date/year.Im also on the lookout for a t-jet and found one tjet base lying on Mohandas motors,Trivandrum.it is in bad shape due to lying there for a long time with faded headlamps,sun burned interiors,dirty seats and even no gear lever!!! they promised to fix it as they said the car isnt touched since it is unloaded to their yard.Whoa thats hard to beleive.the batt was down so couldnt get a detailed look.i just walked away and the SA promised to call me back after work has been carried out.So kindly provide details on the kerala FIAT.the quoted priced is high for a 2011 car eh? Anyways.Happy Motoring...