1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thunder is on - Teky's Punto ICE'd

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by teky, Mar 1, 2011.

1. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    ICE Considerations

There were loads of options for getting the amp and sub done. The options which were considered were

Blaupunkt THA 555 - This is the first one owing to the PnP nature. Couldn't audition it anywhere, however went by reviews. Ordered it through GEB and got the extension and harness cable through a fellow TFI'an. Now wait for the amp was killing, finally came to know that the seller duped with a fake shipping detail. I got the refund processed through eBay.

Auditor 4280 - Couldn't get to audition with my current set-up but auditioned in other cars and found it VFM at the price offered.

Focal Solid 4 - I stumbled upon a fellow TFI'an ramjn. Auditioned his set-up which included Focal amp and Focal access components upfront. I was impressed with the voice clarity and the tonals. They weren't harsh at all, as my current system was sounding. Only thing missing there was a Sub.

Meanwhile I had dr shiva who was bitten by iCE bug as well. He got his set-up done and I had been to Powerzone. Listened to his set-up and that tilted the decision towards Focal. The amount of lows that system was generating was insane. Even after having a sub, we never felt there was a sub really. It blended on to the system very well.

That ends the amp confusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Where are the updates Teky?....
  3. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    hi Teky

-> Finally Got the right opener for my Door Pad
    ->study of door conenctors and wiring 1 hr and making up plan for connection another hr and finally done in 1/2 hr :)
    -> Disconnected 2 speakers
    -> connected my Woofer set
    -> Now my Hu can cross 30 :)
    -> Good bass and treble sound 16 to 20
    -> Pump Up the volume 25 to 30
  4. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    hi Teky

-> Finally Got the right opener for my Door Pad.
    ->study of door conenctors and wiring 1 hr and making up plan for connection another hr and finally done in 1/2 hr :)
    -
    When i saw the speaker OMG i Just thought of my young age speaker which i used to R&D transistors :uh ,then thought of replacing with my woofer speaker in the door pad.As teky advice said we have to Drill it.I thought of breaking the seal then i thought woofer must be inside box then only good sound so just i took with hook up wire.

-> Disconnected 2 speakers
    -> connected my Woofer set
    -> Now my Hu can cross 30 :wow
    -> Good bass and treble sound 16 to 20
    -> Pump Up the volume 25 to 30

Now my front acts as Tweeter by keeping fader ar 7 level for rear. :dancing
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Very nice and detailed write up Teky,very informative ::T
    Where is the powerzone outlet by the way?? ::O
    So,hope that you are having a nice time with Shakira in your car(ofcourse I meant the music ::D )and are living happily ever after ::OO ::pP
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    By the way why don't you break open the story of the Swift dezire in the pic?? ::O ,otherwise my head may break into 1000 pieces like in Vikramadityan stories!!! :eek:
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Bala - what if I say I'm going to sell the Punto and buy a Dejire? I'll be relieved of all evil rite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. and open a forum 'TeamDeJire.com' :lol:
  9. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Haha,LOL @ Binzi
    Teky,you haven't told where powerzone is?! ::O ,but if you sell the Punto and buy a Dejire,you will not be releived of the evil,you will be engulfed! :mischievous (BTW which is right,releived or relieved???,any English guru???!! :confused )
  10. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Bala - Powerzone is located in Royapetah near Express Avenue. You need to enter Pycrofts Road after the EA Signal and keep going straight. You'll notice Raja Tyres on the left side, Take the immediate left and continue moving straight. This lane would be a bit congested for your Linea, But take the second big left from that lane. The shop is the third one on the right side. The contact person is Saravana Prabhu and his number is 9841534934. You can refer TFI and he should be able to help you.

Are you planning to get ICE done any sooner?

P.S --> I asked you on another thread that are you balabala from Hifivision.com, No reply on that?