1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Three years and counting with my Punto MJD E

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by royj, Aug 31, 2010.

1. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Yes, I followed Yashik's advice here in this thread and did the oil and filter changes outside FASS.
    Anybody who has worked on our national engine will be able to do all the oil changes and filter replacements with their eyes closed.

Total expenditure for changing - Air Filter, Oil Filter, Diesel Filter, Engine Oil, Brake Pads came to Rs.8620/-
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    There was a dull noise coming from the front left suspension for the last few weeks. Had it checked by the mechanic when I went for oil and filter change. He said the link rods have gone and need replacement.
    Got them replaced yesterday. Now no noise, no rattles everything is so smooth.
    Total damages Rs.1800/-

Here are the old link rods

linkrods.jpg
  3. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Did the service at Mohandas Motors this week. The odo reading was at 63412 when delivering for service. The car had covered almost 9900 kms and it was around 7.5 months since previous oil change.

Most of the faces at Mohandas were new and the attitude felt slightly better compared to my earlier visit.
    As experienced from previous visits, they took two days to complete the work. My only comment on the work - the cleaning could have been better. But I would still give an overall 9 out of 10.

The total bill came to a very reasonable Rs.9226/-

63.4K Service.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2014