1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Three years and counting with my Punto MJD E

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by royj, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Let's have a party Roy ;) . We'll have a ride in the Jag for a change what say :rolleyes:
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Hi Sunil,

Here are the pictures. Hope they are good enough for you to take a decision.

From the outside this is how it looks
    RearCurtain - 01.jpg

From the inside. Picture taken with the boot open.
    RearCurtain - 02.jpg

The shade is fixed on to the panel of the boot door
    RearCurtain - 03.jpg

The clip is pasted on to the metal at the top of the boot door using super glue.
    Picture taken with boot open hence upside down.
    RearCurtain - 04.jpg
    2 people like this.
  3. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Thanks fot pic roy im definitely going for this one. Is black color available in this?

Another question: what is the measurement of the shades, is it the same mentioned in few post back - 36/21inch?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    You are welcome.

They had stated black, beige and grey colour as available. I ordered for black, but then they came back stating black is out of stock hence if grey is ok for me they will ship it or refund the money. I took the grey one.
    The dimensions are as stated before and it just fits the Punto rear window. It becomes a trifle tight at the top, as you can see from the slightly curved top end.
  5. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    6th Service and Oilchange

The car has covered over 8.5k since the previous service and was sounding rough and reluctant to rev.
    Decided to go for a fully synthetic oil this time.
    Got the brake pads, fuel filter, air filter and oil filter from 99rpm and sourced the engine oil locally. Was looking for mobil delvac 1 but was not able to get that. Got Petronas Syntium 5000 instead.
    The engine now revs easily and the power delivery is easily felt. Engine noise also has come down a bit.
    The Roulunds brake pads are also fine. The mechanics said they had no issues fixing them and the stopping power is as good as the original equipment.
    pdb_02_in_syntium5000.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Roy, is the shade only for the rear panel or do you have a similar arrangement on all windows?
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Roy based upon your feedback ,i will order these brake pads from 99rpm.Thanks for the info.THis will be my 3rd brake pad set change.
  8. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Shams, I have the shade is only for the rear windscreen.

Ganges, Just ensure that your car is having the older model brake pads.
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes,it is old model.
  10. maverick

maverick Amatore

Where did you get your 6th service done? Was it any place other than FASS.