1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Three years and counting with my Punto MJD E

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by royj, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Roy, really surprised that someone moved to MM from Marikar whose reputation was really bad, or is Mr. Mohandas looking for easy money? This suspense thriller needs a climax now Roy-san
    1 person likes this.
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Finally, after going for almost two months without AC, thankfully in the Dec-Jan period, I got the AC fixed on 31 Jan 2013.
    To make a long story short, I visited the service center more than a couple of times and there were a few email exchanges in between and they agreed to replace the condenser under extended warranty. However on removing the bumper there was a dent on the metal piece behind the bumper and they again refused extended warranty.
    After some negotiations they agreed to share the responsibility for the damage and replace the condenser. My expectation of a shared responsibility was a 50-50 split, but it turned out to be more like a 90-10 split in their favour :A
    Any way I was too tied up with office work to be bothered and the difference in cost if I had done the work outside was not sufficient to waste my time, I gave in.
    So I have my car back now, working as great as usual and most important, I am happy with the condition of my car.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Well, good to hear all got sorted in the end Roy.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Interesting. And the calculation from service center (90:10) is also interesting :).

How much it costed roy?
  5. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    The outflow from my side was 8.8k. Had I done the work outside, it would have cost me around 5.5-6K
  6. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Two more updates here.

Feedback hurts!
    Two weeks ago there was the feedback call from FIAT for the repairs done and I gave them, as you would expect, a mediocre rating for putting me through all the trouble and for enticing and then not honoring the extended warranty.
    Two days back the feedback report reached MM and they called me to ask Why I had given them a low rating! :rolleyes:
    Those reasons were clearly mentioned in the feedback report itself but it seems they just wanted to hear it "from the horse's mouth".
    They said they got only 76% rating and I was like :eek: "76?!! you got that much. You should have got less than 50 for what you had done." Seems their lower limit is 85% and they apologized for the discomfort and promised to take better care next time onward. Any way that matter was long closed and I was not to be bothered any more with it.

Rear Window Vertical Roller Sunshade.
    Last week I got one of these for my car. Bought it from ebay. The total cost came to less than Rs.500 including installation. It does restrict the rear view a bit, but provides the comfort of not being blinded by the following vehicles headlamps at night. Just my way of showing the finger at the ridiculous sun control film ban.

Rear Window Vertical Roller Sunshade.JPG
  7. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

You may be stopped for this as well:)
    At least in Chandigarh Cops have stopped cars for having sun blinds.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I don't know when this nuisance is going to end. Neither the judiciary nor the lawmakers are considerate on this issue.
  9. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    A milestone

A milestone reached in exactly 44 months..
    50K.jpg
    9 people like this.
  10. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Roy pls post a pic of shade instaled in the car. I would like to order 1 for my punto.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2