1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Three years and counting with my Punto MJD E

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by royj, Aug 31, 2010.

1. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Ever since the third service a few months back, during which they 'balanced' the wheels, I have been facing a slight steering wheel shudder when the speed reach over 80kmph. Being driven mostly in the city during these months, I never really got a chance to verify this. I experienced this just a couple of times.
    I suspected some goof-up by TASS during wheel balancing, so ordered a set of hub-centric rings from hubcentric-rings.com. They arrived two days back and today I took the car to a local shop.
    Sure enough, the ring was missing from the left front wheel though they were present in all the other three wheels. :irked
    With all the wheels balanced again and the new set of hub centric rings in place I took it for a test drive. Now it feels butter smooth at speeds of 110kmph measured on my mobile phone GPS - with speedo showing around 120. Didn't find roads to take it any faster. Now I got back the confidence for taking it on highways again.
  2. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Without hub-centric rings my alloys showed the same problem. It just vanished once it was installed. Good that you pointed out, I have to be careful when I go for wheel balancing when required. Anyway they don't rotate the tyres during service, so there is little chance that I will lose one during a service.
  3. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    4th Service Experience

My experience with the fourth service (45000km service) paid one is given in the link above.
    As mentioned there I did not receive the bill then. Today when I went to MM to fix a blown fuse, I asked for the detailed bill and got it. Here they are..
    I also got the service interval reset but I had covered some 1550km in between.

45KBill001.jpg
    45KBill002b.jpg
    Last edited: May 12, 2012
  4. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Roy why are they changing the wire mesh, Fiat changed this to metal filter right, now it should be just dusted/cleaned and put back.
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Pran what they actually change is wire mesh filter only. But as you said , it need not be replaced. It can actually be cleaned. As the cost of it is very less, people normally neglect it .
  6. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Fifth service and a mess up!

I gave my car to Mohandas Motors on 13 December 2012 for the fifth service with odometer reading 44919 kms. I gave the car with absolutely no complaints to rectify. Asked them to just change all the fluids and filters, complete the service and return. I was promised delivery the next day, but got it only by Saturday evening. The total expense came to Rs.9797/- which I felt was fair considering all the fluids were replaced.
    The car looked perfect, engine was smooth, steering was smooth, everything was perfect except for one issue. The AC was not cooling. Asked the SA to look into it and he took it in and took a long time to return and then came back with the diagnosis - the condenser was damaged and needs replacement and gave an estimate of Rs.8840/- :eek:
    I asked the SA how the condenser got damaged and the gas leaked when there was no issue with the AC when I delivered the car. He had no answer to that and refused to replace at their expense. First they said it might be due to an accident. When I said the car never had a frontal hit, they had nothing to say.
    Then I asked if they could replace it under extended warranty. They said they will try and took my car back again on Tuesday, 18 Dec 2012. They kept the car till today and said it cannot be replaced under extended warranty as it has physical damage. The SA and the GM service are reluctant to face me or answer my questions.
    Now I am convinced that the condenser got damaged due to the negligence of the service center staff and they are refusing to accept the blame.
    It is really disappointing to see an otherwise perfect relationship getting spoiled like this. :(
    2 people like this.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Sorry to hear that Roy...

What physical damage are they talking about. When you went to take the delivery of car, any signs of a front impact?
  8. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    No, there weren't any signs of any impact. They had changed all the fluids including the engine coolant. My assumption is that they must have mishandled the condenser unit while working around it. It probably might have taken a hit from a screwdriver or something.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    It would have to be a MAJOR hit with a screwdriver to atleast puncture it and render it useless. Whatever it maybe, there is more than meets the eye. :(
  10. asif

asif

Trivandrum
    make Fiat aware of this.Mohandas motors is now playing chaep tricks for making max profit.one of reasons why Mr.Unnikannan resigned is due to warranty related issues.A customer was made to pay for a rear axle of his linea(24,000Rs) that got damaged due to negligence from a technician there.He opposed the GM's decision to make te customer pay for it.And this was too much for him to bear & along with newly appointed GM's policies paved his way out of the service centre and joined Nissan.Now Nissan owners is having a good time.New GM of mohandas motors is from Marikar motors(Skoda) & he has very bad image among the skoda customers of marikar.:(
    1 person likes this.