1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Three years and counting with my Punto MJD E

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by royj, Aug 31, 2010.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Wiper blades costing 532 each? Isn't it on the higher side? I replaced them in last Sept for Rs. 352.42 each. Is it the one made in Germany?
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I have confirmed that the oil is Selenia WR. Since they charged me only for 3.2 liters, I didn't stake claim for the remaining engine oil.

I am not sure of the make, but there was a price hike for spare parts a few months back, and this is the first time I am changing the wiper blades.
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    The wiper blades, someone was telling that we can get it from Bosch and they wont cost you much. The wire mesh filter, do they have to be changed ? I think we can clean it and put it back. Fiat has increased the price of many spares and if they go on increasing in this pace, after 3 years down the line it will be very costly to maintain FIATs.
  4. Royz..

congrats and advance happy 2nd bday of your GP.

Small query...

Your 3rd free service is due in another 1-1/2 months then why did you do it early??

You have changed both the wiper blades... why??
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  6. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    The wire mesh filter is the AC pollen filter if I am not mistaken. Previously it was a paper element type, now it is wire mesh which is different. I haven't opened it and checked yet. Any way the AC is much more effective now and when I keep it in the middle of blue blue red, I will be shivering if it is raining.

Thanks Romsi..

I did my second service at 11 months and 13011 kms. So at 26391 kms the engine oil had done over 13000kms. I could have waited for another month or so, but the engine was becoming sluggish and FE also was becoming a little low. Also in Europe, the recommended oil change interval for mjd is 6months or 9000miles (14400kms). So I thought it would be fine to do the third service.

The wiper blades were creating some streaks, they are not an issue during day time but were a nuisance during night driving. So just to keep my driving experience I thought of replacing them.

The explanation given by the SA is that they are addressed in the 3rd Free Service item.
    Any way the clutch/brake fluids were changed some time back when there was a problem with my clutch.
    Coolant and other fluids were checked and topped up (not changed) during a checkup camp two months back. Only the Transmission oil part I am not so sure.
    Any way I will be taking the car to SC in a couple of weeks for changing some rubber beading. I shall check this item then.
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Maybe you were having the pollen filter. Nowadays it comes with the wire mesh filter which we can clean it ourselves. They might have topped up the A/C gas. Even I saw a remarkable difference in the A/C cooling last time when I had taken my car for the check up camp. The same was felt after the 1st service also. Even though I clean the pollen filter myself, I don't feel this difference. Don't know what they do :)
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I thought it was 3rd free servicing only.
    Mine is going next month, and I haven't seen anybody showing these things changed.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Roy bhai, the recommended oil change interval for the 1.3 Multijet in Europe is 30,000km's/ 2 years. These European 1.3's have an 'oil quality monitor' in them which tells the driver about the oil, and when it should be changed.

But they most probably use Selenia WR Pure Energy, fully synthetic. Not the semi synthetic that we have in India. And maybe some other changes also to the engine.

Gurjinder
  10. Unfortunately, this has been the trend since ages. The spares are priced competitively to start with and then they are increased. Classic example would be the diesel fuel filter both for the Punto and the Palio.