1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

three days with conti cc5...............

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by wasim akram, Jul 30, 2017.

1. wasim akram

wasim akram Amatore

JAMMU
    Linea Classic
    Hello guys,

Tthis post is regarding my experience with continental comfort contact cc5 tires which i installed in my car 3 days back. Well after a year long research, discussions and going through lot of forums online I had decided to go for cc5 as my next set of tires.Previous tires were goodyear assurance triplemax which lasted for 24800kms only dont know the reason for early wearing out as I expected them to stay for at least 30000kms, also the experience was not good with them.
    They were noisy, hard very bumpy but with good grip and braking. Time for new boots for my classic, I always liked yoko earth 1 due to their tread and the fact that they are made for India but got very less positive reviews about them as compare to cc5. On cc5 were every where praised be it online or offline i decided to follow majority, I also had a third choice in my mind as cheaper option and with some good characteristics and reasonable warranty, that was ceat milage and at a moment i thought of choosing it but my heart said no go for a more expensive option your car deserve something better so i went for cc5. Guys believe me I was on top of the world when the tires were installed but came down very soon as I got to know the character of the tyre. The ride was damn hard and tyres were heavy. I took a halt for wheel alignment which is my routine after installing new tyres and then rushed to the petrol pump to get the right tyre pressure and fill up the tank.the pressure filled by the tyre dealer was 65,34,33,34 in four tyres respectively
    I took a deep sigh of relief in a hope that ride will be softer after setting the right pressure.i set all the four tyres at 32,32,32,32 and again start rollign on but sadly only minor difference was felt.i drove the car all day long through my regular roots bad patches and highway but the tyres bounced back very hard giving vibrations to the whole suspension and doors.next day i decided to decrease the tyre pressure to 30 but only little bit of difference was felt and the ride was still hard.so finally i decided to switch to my cheaper options ceat mileage. after a long conversation and bargaining with the dealer I got ceat mileage as a replacement for cc5 at the loss of rs3200(800 each tyre) still finger crossed as i dont know about the outcome on ceat, but guys guess what from the very beginning of my drive i felt the softness and cushion ride.
    As it was raining i took a chance to check its stability and braking on wet road which was good and i dint expect ceat tires to be that good.concluding long review i would like to say that ceat made my day at cc5 loses its way at least for me.you all may differ with me but this is my personal experience so I wanted to share with you all.reason for such a long review was that i hardly found any review about the negative aspect of cc5 so i decided to be at negative side.guys the name conti comfort contact doesn't justify the tyre as i neither found any ride comfort nor the tyre were noiseless they were audible at 60 even. Waiting for your comments

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2017
    KPR and cassini like this.
  2. cassini

cassini Amatore

Germany
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulations finding the right tyre for your ride. My stock Apollo Acelere lasted for ~43k, switched to Michellin Energy XM2 since. Now, 25,000 kms after, the tyres remain pretty intact. Ride is definitely softer, more plush, although tyre noise remain more or less the same. The biggest difference has been the lack of frequent punctures, the stock Apollos suffered quiet a lot from Bangalore's "puncture mafia" lol.

3. wasim akram

wasim akram Amatore

JAMMU
    Linea Classic
    @cassini thanks brother but after being decieved by cc5 my choice was apollo alnac 4g but as already i was in loss due to exchange cost i could not go for it but thanks to almighty ceats are doing good they turn out to be saviour for me.

cassini likes this.
  4. cassini

cassini Amatore

Germany
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @wasim akram The CEATs and Apollos are not bad by any stretch. They are very reliable, so you don't need to worry. Between, what's the Fiat A.S.S scene in J&K like? Any new Jeep FCA dealerships opened up yet?

5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @wasim akram

Surprised to see you opt for Ceat tyres, what was the logic behind it? Were the Conti tyres bidirectional or uni directional?

6. wasim akram

wasim akram Amatore

JAMMU
    Linea Classic
    Yes brother you are right before using ceats my perception was that as they are cheaper tyres they wont be that good but after using them im impressed.Brother FASS is getting better here in jammu as per my observation although there are still waiting period of atleast a week for some parts to be availed which i never mind.Well regarding jeep FCA outlet there is no new dealership opened yet as the jeep brand is with the same existing dealer at jammu the National fiat.the showroom and the workshop has been renovated with jeep hoardings and black theme.also a jeep compass top end silver coloured variant is proudly parked at the front of the showroom.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 2, 2017, Original Post Date: Aug 2, 2017 ---
    The conti tyres which i installed were biderectional.Yes brother i was also surprised when i got just 24000kms of mileage from goodyear assurance triplemax and got very hard ride from the premium brand like continental specially from its acclaimed model conti comfort.well i tried american and german now it was time to try indian made cheaper option as i was not keen to shell more pennies for michellins so tried indian this time.and brother why you are surprised?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    cassini likes this.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    The reason of my surprise is Ceat, MRF, Apollo are generally preferred by OEM. Once the tyres need changing Fiat owners rarely opt for the OEM preferred tyres. I have heard people buying Michelin, Yoko, Falken and even some prefer Apollo's too. But never heard of any one buying Ceat. I can understand after having bad experience with Conti's you wanted to buy something within your budget. Let us know about your experience with Ceat.

I am sorry if you felt bad with my comments. Apologies.

8. wasim akram

wasim akram Amatore

JAMMU
    Linea Classic
    Brother no need to say sorry i hvnt felt it bad in fact.and yes you are right no one goes for ceat tyres not even me i never dreamed of having ceats in my linea.well i did a lot of research on net and also discussed a lot about which tyre should i opt for and finally i came out with Michelin,conti,Yoko, apollo.deleted Michelin as they were reviewed by user as puncture friendly and soft sidewall prone to cut,liked apollo alnac as they came as OEM in my linea classic and were very good on comfort but were deleted due to noise.yoko earth 1 were my favorite but deleted them as they were reviewed by the users as hard and noisy after 50 percent tread also some users complaints for soft sidewalls.so i was left with conti cc5 and installed them with closed eyes.when i felt my choice was not right i decided to replace my tyres with alnac 4g from the dealer where i installed cc5 from but he was not having them and had Bridgestone ecopia and other tyres which were costing extra penny.i also tried out for yokos n alnacs from other dealers but they offered me only 50 percent of my 100 km driven cc5 which was terrible.thats why i went back to my dealer and he said that he can exchange my tyres with Ceat milaze with no extra money.

ghodlur likes this.
  9. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Regolare

mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @wasim akram

The reviews you are talking about would be of continental MC5, the tires you got is CC5. There is difference in both the tires in both price wise as well as comfort wise. Mc5 is considered as superior. Mc5 is comfort oriented i guess.
    Anyways happy to see you satisfied with ceat. I am also eyeing of ceat but on gripp ln series. Need comfort and grip.

vicky

10. wasim akram

wasim akram Amatore

JAMMU
    Linea Classic
    no brother the reviews were about continental conticomfortcontact cc5 iam damn sure you can check those reviews and my discussions with fiatians on tyres upgradation section.well brother due to hard suspension of fiat cars, for comfort we should see for softer tyres.i would suggest you to go through apollo alnac or alnac 4G series also because i had apollo alnac on my linea 2 years back as stock tyres and drove them for a month but they were cushiony and were comfortably complimenting the hard suspension of linea or better said fiat suspension.at the end do checkout for urself before trusting on any review.best of luck.

vtlreja2 likes this.