1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for Traffic Voilations !

Discussion in 'Safety First!' started by Ravi, Oct 10, 2012.

1. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Surya,

I don't know about 2&3, but 1,4,5& 6 are comes under violations.

For 3, this can be violation if you stopped your car for asking the road in the busy road will indirectly create more traffic.

If really you are lost & want to ask for the route then stop your car at left side so that the traffic will move without any problem & you will also got the right direction without any hassel... :)
  2. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    These are most often in Bangalore traffic..

point 3 - also valid for those talking in mobile driving in the centre of the road ..

I saw this then there was a huge traffic jam on the road all vehicles had stopped and honking here and there i thought some accident or some shooting is going on .. a few yards i saw a guy stopping the vehicles trying to make way for his owner who was taking out his car from the compound of his house.. i couldn't understand at first what was wrong why is he struggling to take his car out .. when i went close.. Master ji is busy in his phone talking doing the reverse at the same time... oh boy i was like..:evilsmile
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  3. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Surya: This is the everydays picture in pune. We can not do anything for these type of characters :A
  4. Absolutely Police should put cameras every where and start sending tickets to offenders, that will also improve the revenue to their department.at least in bangalore this is possible in many arterial roads now.
    1 person likes this.
  5. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    If same is installed in pune then within next couple of days, the cameras will get disappeared for sure...... :)
    1 person likes this.
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Whenever you get a chance, visit the Bangalore Traffic Police Traffic Management Center. They already have cameras in main junctions that are monitored constantly and violations raised for offenders. You can also check pending violations against your vehicle here. Now does this improve the revenue? Nope.

• BTP raises these violations and send notice to the address as per the vehicle registration details
    • People who have moved house since then, never get these notices and are none the wiser
    • People who have not moved and have received the notice - some pay up, some ignore
    • No action is taken against those that ignore
    • BMTC buses - specifically the Volvos are the biggest culprits. Check any bus regn. number at random and you will see how much is pending. I know of cases with Rs. 15K + pending fines.

All in all a hi-tech effort, with negligible results. Unless we, the road users, choose to become aware of the rules and obey them proactively, there is little hope.

Rajan
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  7. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    This is really a good start. This should implement other cities as soon as possible.....
  8. In bangalore these camera are installed so high it is not easy to steal them.
  9. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Dear Mods, Request to move this thread to SAFETY FIRST!

Thank you
    Regds..Surya
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Done.

Please use Report Post, for any moderation.