1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for Traffic Voilations !

Discussion in 'Safety First!' started by Ravi, Oct 10, 2012.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    One incident that happened two days before in NH17. I was going in reasonably good speed and I was about to overtake a stopped Omni. But the car behind me didn't see the omni and he overtook me at the same time I turned my indicator on. Actually When I looked at RVM the other car was at the blind spot. I had to apply a sudden brake as the stopped Omni was few meters ahead.

Lesson1: Never stop the vehicle on road. You may think others have enough time. But there can be instances where your stopped vehicle can take life others
    Lesson 2 : Always careful about vehicles hidden in blind spots
    Lesson 3: This was most important thing. Two of my colleagues were in the car and we were returning after booking hotels for a conference and the other two persons were talking to each other and also to me. Usually I always keep a eye on RVM/ORVM and get a feeling of the vehicle behind. But the chatting of my friends diverted my attention
    for a second. Never talk too much while driving and when others drive.
    2 people like this.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    They already are. Enforcement is the problem, as usual.

On a 4 laned highway, everyone is supposed to drive on the left lane and use the right lane only to overtake. Once done overtaking, they are expected to move back to the left lane. In our great country, there are lots and lots of rules and close to zero enforcement / awareness. It is quite legal and common for even bullock carts to use the right lane. So, no choice but to overtake from the left :A :A

Rajan
    3 people like this.
  3. KayGeeFIAT

KayGeeFIAT

Chennai
    No Kidding?

Replenishing fuel tank with passenger in the vehicle

Ha! Ha! haven't heard of this one before - Does that mean that we have to 'discharge' all passengers in the car while we fill up petrol/diesel? So I could have been penalized - like a 1000 times !!!! Will try telling that to my friend/wife who are in the car while I refuel i.e ask them to get out !! :p

Smoking chewing or be under the influence of any intoxicating drink or drug

Does that include bubble gum?? :confused:

Particular not pained (sic) on left side of the transport vehicle

It pains me to hear this !!! :evilsmile
  4. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The above are regular violations we come across daily in our life once we come to road. Less compliance and more violations hence the number of accidents are more in our roads. Moreover, these people violating above rules cause inconvenience to the others and take away the pleasure of driving by their behavior.

Some other examples are

1. When we wait at railway level crossings, idiots fill the right half of the road blocking the opposite line traffic result the traffic which can clear in 2 minutes needs 10 to 15 minutes to clear.

2. Idiots overtaking from left of the vehicle, even when left hand turn signal is turned well in advance of the left handed turn.

3. Stopping very close to the vehicle in front and honking for no reason, when we wait at red signal.
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
    3 people like this.
  5. 36 and 37 took me by surprise.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Frankly speaking, whatever be the violation, the penalty is neither hefty nor it will get into serious trouble if you have enough money to spend in India.

Read the experience of Cuty Red again. Even after his car getting sandwiched between two trucks, the reckless driver of the truck will get penalized with only Rs. 500. This is the state of law in India currently. There is no point in discussing what is legal and what is illegal in India unless there is a complete system overhaul.
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  7. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Today's common violations i saw happened in the presence of Traffic constables standing in the signal, are they dumb or simply ignoring :confused

1. Signal jumping
    2. Riding three or more people on the bike
    3. No helmet
    4. over speeding
    5. Driving with mobile phones on the ear
  8. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
  9. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Rajan what you are saying is right. But here are the people who used to drive slow on right lane always.
    Today I came from Panvel to Pune on express highway. You can't believe that I was able to overtake each on every vehical from the last left lane as everyone is driving on middle & right lane.

This is the every times picture for me.

So if anyone wants to overtake any vehical from left side then he has to blow horn and if possible keep your lights on on highway runing on daylight also due to which the other vehicals can able to find you on there rear view mirrors.
  10. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Don't know if this also comes under violations :

1. Carrying LPG cylinders on bikes
    2. Blocking the left hand side of the incoming traffic in signals
    3. Blocking or standing in the center of the road asking for directions
    4. Pushing the fellow scooter or Rickshaw with a leg.. towing the vehicle
    5. Playing loud music in the running traffic
    6. carrying kids in private vans to schools