1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for New Delhi Auto Expo - 2014

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by srida, Jan 25, 2014.

1. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1. Plant has to be modified to manufacture 1.6
    2. Investments in training, manpower, infrastructure, logistics
    3. They need volumes. Mfg the engine alone for India will be a loss making proposition from day one. To be profitable they also need to export engines. Currently FIAT's capacity is well utilised. No region anywhere in the world has a capacity constraint.
    4. Taking away manufacturing from somewhere else and investing in India means cutting jobs elsewhere in the world. That is a huge PR disaster. Besides - contrary to what many feel India is not really a cost effective manufacturing hub. Far too much hassles and headaches.
    5. If they import 1.6 engine Linea will be priced out due to taxes and duties. Or FIAT will have to sell the car at a loss

There are tons of other issues but the above is a short gist
    6 people like this.
  2. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Agree to all the points you have made.

This is one of the reasons for no 1.6 in Linea as of now. The engine plant has nothing in place to produce the 1.6

Double edged sword for Fiat, without the situation improving Fiat cant invest, without investment situation cant improve :A

There was a backlash for shutting down a plant in Italy. This will be headache to manage.

Outpriced at the time of launch is one thing. If priced and sold at a loss, dealing with tax authorities in another thing for unfair pricing as per law :A.
    6 people like this.
  3. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi
    What is the solution apart from keep selling at a very low pace the current P & L

Which and why a new customer will be interested to understand and go ahead along with it rather than available options in market

Fiat needs to be running along the market at any cost only Punto and Linea since a decade will not help at all boost sales ?
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Since they have managed to keep tjet costs low despite importing the engines, I don't think Linea 1.6 mjd's price will shoot up that much, considering tjet and 1.6 mjd fall in the same excise bracket and cost almost same(or little more than tjet) in other countries where both are sold.
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  5. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    I read in few websites that Suzuki is already working on their own diesel engine from 800cc to 1600cc.
    Who knows they might start with this SX4 with their Suzuki 1.6 diesel.
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  6. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Did anyone notice that the spare tire mounted on the boot lid of Tata Jump in the first pic of this thread also seem to have the same mechanism of opening the boot as the Fiat Avventura?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  7. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    If the same design gets in to production for Avventura, how practical would it be to open the boot after opening the support beam with the spare wheel.
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Toyota unveils Etios Cross. Booking has already started and available with the same engine options as Etios. Now, I love Fiat Avventura a lot after seeing this. :D

4DSC01074.JPG

1DSC_4080.JPG

9DSC_4084.JPG

Picture Source - T-BHP
    2 people like this.
  9. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Fiat and Toyota seem to be giving a cycle or two free. Are they suggesting cycling to keep fit after enjoying the drives? Two cycles should attract more buyers I guess:)

Abdul
    2 people like this.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Haha, the cycle which is displayed at KHT Fiat caffe, is so costly, if they offer 2, I am sure Avventura will be big hit, amongst cyclers :).
    1 person likes this.