1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all RTO related queries

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by sungoa2010, Jul 20, 2012.

1. I have closed my car loan. I recieved some forms and documents from my bank. How to remove bank's name from my car's RC? Also there are some information in RC to be be corrected. Will they do it along with this process? My car is registered with Meenambakkam, Chennai RTO.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    When you close your car loan, your bank would have given you NOC, Loan closure letter, and RTO forms (form 30??!!). You need to visit the RTO with all these documents and also with the latest emission certificate of your car and fill out the application for the same and submit at the counter. They may receive it on the same day or will ask you more questions. It is pure luck (yes, it is. It is an Indian Govt. organisation you see :D).

Alternately, if you are ready to spend some bucks (around Rs. 500), there are many agents who can do this for you without you going to the RTO. Peace of mind, No harrasment, etc., I recommend this option.
    1 person likes this.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    +1 There is some nominal amount one has to pay and always keep a copy of that along with you. this is needed if we are authorizing some one else to collect the RC.
    For me it took 2-3 days.
    1 person likes this.
  4. OT and a question to ramjn - Advise on any pollution test centres. I never got pollution test done for my vehicles. :)
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    There are many. Mostly, it would be available at all major Fuel Pumps. When you are going to go through the agent, you need not worry for this too. I believe they will also take care of this. :)
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  6. smilinganand

smilinganand Timido

Visakhapatnam
    I am going to purchase & Register Fiat Punto from Ranchi (Jharkhand), and am planning to use it in Visakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh). My queries are :-

1. Can I drive my car with Temporary registration number from Jharkhand to Andhra Pradesh (crossing Orissa & West Bengal in-route)- total Kms ~ 1000kms.

2. Is any NOC is required for this interstate travel? If yes, then from which state?

3. As I am from Defence - So, can I use the vehicle without NOC in other state (here - Andhra Pradesh) ?
  7. Get your car registered first in ranchi, get the registered number put up, and you are good to travel to any state.NOC is required if you want to re-register the car in AP, which is nt the case...but please avoid driving with temp registration..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  8. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I Have Question:

Can i buy a car in one state and get it registered in other state???? what will be the charges i have to pay apart from the registration charges......????