1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all RTO related queries

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by sungoa2010, Jul 20, 2012.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    This thread is created to discuss all issues related to RTO, likes transfer of vihicle,NOC, registration etc. Many rules are state specific. Only when one experience the situation one come to know that "this is the way the things gas to be done at this place". For example when I took the NOC from chennai the rule that I came to know from Chennai was that within 6 months One has to register it in other state. But in Goa the rule is that within one month it has to be reported to the concerned RTO.

I need to know the procedure for cancelling the NOC at chennai. What I know is that one has to go there and give a letter that taken from the RTO to where the NOC is issued, saying that the vehicle is not registered in that RTO. So the former RTO will cancel the NOC. A certificate from Crimes division stating that the vehicle is not involved in the accident may also required(Not sure). Is there anything extra that is required for NOC cancellation. Do I have to take the car to previous RTO for NOC cancellation?

If any one can provide information/contact about any agents who can do the work it will be really helpful. My car is reg in Chennai central Aynavaram.
    Thanks.
  2. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    1 person likes this.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks.

I called them by phone and they told that no police verification is required. The only document required is original RC and a letter from present RTO saying that the vehicle is not registered. It takes 3-4 days to get it done. One can authorize some one if not available.

Once the NOC get cancelled I can sell the vehicle in that state. Or I can apply for a fresh NOC.
  4. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    But Make sure who ever applying for NOC , must have valid insurance for thier car , if union terroitory like Pondicherry , etc then a extra amt to be paid
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Another important point while taking NOC is please make sure that RTO under whose jurisdiction your residence area belongs. For example when transferring from Mumbai to Adayar, chennai, then it should be printed in RC book as RTO Thiruvanmiyur, Chennai and not as RTO chennai. The reason is that if you couldn't report to the new RTO within the allowed period they can assume that you might have registered in some other RTO in Chennai and we may have to prove that it is not the case. When I transferred the vehicle it is written as RTO Goa by chennai authorities which is now creating problem for me.
  6. macky

macky Amatore

How to transfer a vehicle from one state to another!

Hi,

How to transfer a vehicle from one state to the other,
    If i buy a used car from one state and want to get it registered on my name in another state, whats the procedure and how much road tax should i be paying approximately and how is that calculated?
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    1. Get an NOC along with other forms. The RTO office will tell you what are the forms required.
    2. Go to the other state RTO
    3. Submit the documents. You also need to take invoice from the dealer from whom the first owner had brought the vehicle.
    4. A police verification mentioning the vehicle is not met with any accident from new place(may not needed if you immediately report after reaching the new place)
    5. New RTO will sent a letter to old RTO asking for the confirmation.
    7. Once they reply you can pay the tax which will be the fixed % of invoice(depending on state) along with a form 20.
    6. You need to have some address proof otherwise a certificate from notary mentioning that you are resident of the current place
    8. Some RTO may ask for a bond written in stamp paper mentioning that in case the vehicle is a theft vehicle you will pay the amount to the actual owner.

Patience is something that we need to enter in to a RTO office. It is one of the worst corrupted and inefficient government department.

I have already started a RTO thread. You can ask moderators to move this thread there.http://www.teamfiat.co.in/i-am-off-topic/6731-thread-all-rto-related-queries.html
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Threads Merged.
  9. macky

macky Amatore

Thank you sungoa!!

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

Thank you Ravi.
  10. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    I just got my form 20 for Punto. The colour is spelled as Exotice Red, can this be corrected so that I get accurate info in RC book.

Also the car body type is mentioned as Car(Sedan), shoud that not be Car(Hatchback)?