1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    And Sungoa for keeping the forum lively and for posting pics of mouth-watering dishes. :D
    Happy Teachers Day to one and all ..... :)
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
    2 people like this.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    And anecdotes, stories and jokes.:)
    1 person likes this.
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Guys have a quick question - it's not entirely OT but didn't want to create another thread for this.

My Punto was resting for almost 30 days and wasn't used at all. The car had to be jump started by RSA guys and I've already written down that. Whilst driving the car I feel the suspension/ride quality is a bit hard or the rubber is. My car has done 45K and I don't think 3 weeks break can make such a difference. Fellow TFI'ans say it's rather an illusion I've which my OH concurs. I've checked for Air pressure and it's 30 on all Wheels, so over inflated tyres are ruled out. What's your view on it guys?
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I also concur it's something psychological.

I'll give you a placebo , though. Get the underbody washed thoroughly and compare the ride quality after 100+km's. The bushes etc will regain flexibility after having stood idle for a month.

Cheers.
    2 people like this.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    6 th GEAR

Can anyone explain me how can one feel that we need a 6th gear ?
    Suppose here 1.3 mjd,can also be fitted with 6 gears ?
    When i do 120 Kmph i feel the car is more loudy and miss the smoothness in ride ,is this how the 6th gear requirement is fulfilled ? at this point also get confused :mad: that we need bigger engine with more HP to have smoooth ride ?Please throw some light on this requirement of 6th gear.
  6. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    Hi. I want to know more about Palio. Is it advisable to buy a 5-6 year old diesel palio? What are the known complaints in a diesel palio and how expensive is it to maintain an used/old diesel palio. I am not referring to the car in this advertisement, but this is a general enquiry as am interested in an old palio :) Pls help me.
  7. PuntoMJD

PuntoMJD Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    car is more loudy because you are not at proper RPM band. when you switched to 6th gear then ideal RPM band should be around 2K to 2.5K. Yes you are right, to achieve this we need bigger engine but how did i20 CRDI achieve this? :confused:
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I also feel there is some changes in my Punto. For quite some time my usage was very less and long trips was almost nill. For a quite long time it was making only 2km per day some days just lying in my garage. So I feel a 10% less in ride quality. When I used to do long trips(50kms) frequently, the ride quality was better. Does the small stones that trapped on tire affect the ride quality.

Just curious to know the how under body wash help in this case?
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    It was a placebo from me to teky!

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

Are you looking at the Palio Stile or the earlier classic Palio?
    1 person likes this.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Friends,
    hows the service form Royal Mail UK
    i'm expecting an delivery of parcel since last week from UK.

The parcel sent doesnt have tracking number,have anyone experienced with such delivery from Royal Mail ?