1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    http://www.fptpowertrain.com/

FIAT Powertrain Technologies. ;) The brain behind all the Multijets (and other engines and technologies) after the 1.3 and also responsible for further refinement of the 1.3 itself. Recently was split into :

- FIAT PowerTrain
    - FPT Industrial (Commercial)

Just my way of paying a tribute to them.
    2 people like this.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Give a thought on weight as well ;)
  3. gurjinder

Punjab
    Not sure if everyone read about it. A guy who lives almost opposite to our home paid 26 lacs, yes Twenty-Six for 0001 registration for his S class.

Talk about showoff, useless expenditure and what not.
    1 person likes this.
  4. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Yes, I read that in the news paper. So that guy lives near your home!

Also read that that guy out-bidded a Rolls Royce owner.
  5. gurjinder

Punjab
    He's the same dude who created such a ''record'' in 2005 as well for his E class.
    1 person likes this.
  6. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Here the latest S class. a genuine S500 's reg number BH 0001 was sold for 5.5 L :p
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    thought to post some details about upma our daily breakfast :D .this thought came to mind when i asked 'UPMA' instead of UPPIT (in marathi) and due to the name change the server gave me 'POHA' :uh

Upma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    1 person likes this.
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    What a waste !!! I could never make out the reasonable-ness of paying more for a select registration number.
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Amit,
    For few people it works as per the astrology,if we believe in so called God then we also do pooja after purchase of our car.
    To make money sometimes 'Luck' also matters and for such kind off people 'Luck' is all about belief in God and astrology.

Also we see the lakhs of donations for the temple constructions,so isnt it a waste thing ? so whats wrong in spending money for our own'd thing.

If the highest amount donated by a person is a fame thing,then here the registration number also sounds the same thing.

Yes,at the end of the post thats too much 26Lakhs ,if it was within a Lakh...its a different story....
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Happy teachers day to all.
    Today is teachers day. How does we forget our teachers starting from our mother to whoever blessed us with knowledge. My knowledge about cars was almost '0' before joining this thread and because of our members know some thing about where is what . Thanks for the knowledge. May be all of you feel same of gaining knowledge from this forum. One way or another way we have gained and given knowledge. Let this exchange of knowledge grow more for coming years. :D
    Few of the names that comes to my minds are Ravi sir for driving, travel and forum manners , Gurjinder for technical stuff and sense of humor,clevermax for photography, linealover for poetry, cvanand, for fiat collection, Grandeur for DIY, ramjn for trips ... the list goes on . :D
    4 people like this.