1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    MJD make more sense. I had a plan of Jaipur-Goa trip which had dropped because of leave problem. But when I was trying to calculate the fuel expense I was :shocked

Google map shows 1780 km so 1780*5 = 8900. Total coast is 17800. For MJD it will be ~8000.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sun.
    Its time nw for an upgrade option for u.take it seriously. :p scratch ur head twice for the dcision :D
    1 person likes this.
  3. 1 person likes this.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Recently Chandigarh traffic police shared this pic on facebook. Two Punto visible in left pic.

And it says Chaos. Chaos in the handle of our mod from Mumbai. :)

533226_359585770787777_1438616005_n-1.jpg
    4 people like this.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Yashik Paaji whats the update on lane driving?

Some guys were opposing it. I see no change in driving habits.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    In our country it is just opposite to what is described there. Extreme right for heavy vehicles and we have to overtake from left. Buses will choose left while stopping and then immediately go to right lane. One of the punto in picture is running on both lanes. See the bikes scattered like a water fall.
  8. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Gurjinder and Sungoa2010- My personal thoughts are that now those who have the "right" to make "law" are creating laws based on what suits the needs of a selected few.

Just the opposite of what Spock once said in Star Trek "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" (Same line was spoken by Sentinel Prime Autobot in Transformers 3 movie).

Jan Marg is the road dividing sector-16 and 17. Better to avoid driving on this road.

India is made up of narrow roads. Chandigarh has the highest density of vehicles and highest number of cars per person as per statistics IIRC.

What they have done is that they have created 3 lanes.
    Left most lane- For buses, heavy vehicles and emergency vehicles. (I believe most VIP red light cars in India are emergency vehicles only).
    Middle Lane- For 2 wheelers, 3 wheelers and four wheelers. Read, autos, scooters, motorcycles, activas, cars everything filtered into one 10 feet lane.
    Right most lane- For overtaking.

**Some abuses**. Where will one overtake by the way by entering the right most lane? Can a guy in middle lane overtake? Have they left space in middle lane? I will just stop writing here. My blood boils.
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Doctor Saaaab, thand rakho! :)

This lane driving thing is another %^$%$%#$%#% decision from our honourable Judiciary.
  10. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Regarding the needs of the few, VIP emergency vehicles now have a clear left most lane for easy passage.

Common middle class man is stuck in this middle lane burning Rs80/liter petrol and polluting the environment with his diesel car, prompting the Congress Government to implement special taxes on diesel and diesel cars.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Sniffer Dogs in position to jump in front of cars to make money.

5.jpg
    1 person likes this.