1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ramjin/Kedar,

it was this indigo and not manza,i agree the driver was insane,but the car engine was also insane ? :D and i believe this is almost equal to 75 Hp punto ? if its less then was it on tuning chip or was it on petrol ?

indigo.jpg
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It may most probably be the old Turbo engine (68 bhp) or will be the new eCS (or whatever they call). As I told you, the driver may be ready for anything or even may not be in a perfect sensual state. Taking this car to that limit is really suicidal.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ramjin,
    Yeah, you are right !!!
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Ganges if it was Indigo XL then there are chances of DICOR engine also. It has healthy tech specs.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Kdar,
    here are the details for indigo XL,i'm having one doubt :-

ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS for indigo
    Displacement: 1396cc, MPFI, 16 valve
    Engine Type: Diesel
    Maximum Power: 70bhp@4000rpm
    Maximum Torque: 140Nm@1800rpm

the indigo has 1396cc and our punto is near about 1300 cc with more power delivered, so which engine spec is good here dicor or Mjd ?
  6. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    I'm not sure of the MPFI part in that diesel motor...! I guess you meant CRDi!
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    That comparison is a biggest complement that dicor can achieve. Why the question of comparison arise here where the answer is obvious:D
    With lesser weight(1105) and lesser wish to live Indigo might have taken advantage.
    3 people like this.
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Just came across this pic at FIAT Espana (Spain) page at Facebook. :D

403421_388475531189474_1190310468_n.jpg
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yashik,
    its not 500 its 10000..
    :lol
    1 person likes this.
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    It's a pity that Figo sells thousands and Punto sells just a few hundreds!

I happened to travel 370kms in a Ford Figo. Other than cabin space, mileage, and ground clearance, the car is a total disappointment.
    Passenger confort=Zero, Ergonomics=Zero, High speed stability=Zero
    The car sways at 120kmph, we lose confidence. The car ensures that the passenger feels every stone, hole, pothole on the road. Those who compare or say that Figo is better than or on par with Punto should be stoned. The front seats were like a sofa seat, provides lots of scope for back pain, rear seats were OK.
    Road visibility from the front and rear seats is good.
    My Take: Figo would make sense only for short city drive. Not for long drives, not for highways, whatever kinds of roads it be.

I have been thinking of selling/exchanging my 1.4 and going for a 1.3 diesel, reason being the cost of petrol. My wife has been pushing for Figo or classic after seeing the advt about its mileage. This single trip ensured that I don't need to do anything to convince her about FIATs. She always complained I am too crazy about FIAT. She now knows why I am crazy.
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
    3 people like this.