1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I have been to Srisailam couple of years back, but haven't stayed there. Returned on the same day back to Hyderabad. There are lot of cottages available, which should be convenient for you to stay over-night.
    1 person likes this.
  2. I visited srisailam last month. Now roads are excellent and i am sure you will enjoy the ride if you are driving.
    There are lot of guest houses available.You can approach Tandra paparayudu guest house for rooms.you can get rooms with minimal charge very easily and excellent free food(if you like the the food and service you can donate some amount)
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    srikanth,
    yeah myselves will be driving and thanks for the info.
    ANy idea about the roads from Srisailam towards guntur ?
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Roads to Guntur should be pretty decent. I took this Road to reach Nagarjuna Sagar from Srisailam 6-7 months ago. Roads upto BR Junction (where i diverted towards Macherla) were wide 2 Lane and pretty neat. No problems whatsover.

However the Road from BR Junction to Macherla was strictly single lane and i had to get off the road each time a Truck came in the opposite direction. Since you will not have to take that Route, you are good to go.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    vj,
    that really helps now and i'm tension free now for my tour.
    Have you been to Dwaraka tirumala nearby eluru and yes this will be my next destiny after guntur ;).
    i have idea about the roads. Is the temple on mountain ? if yes can we take our punto ?
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  6. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    No idea :-(. Im the atheist type, so don't ask me about temples. Drove to Sri Sailam and then to Nagarjuna Sagar just for fun and offcourse the DAM's. A waterfall (Mallela Thirtam) and the Tiger Safari in the Nallamala forest (Both these are on the Hyderabad>>Srisailam Highway, not sure if the Safari is closed down now due to the Supreme court ruling) was an add-on.

You could look for Munnanr forest Check post on google maps for the Safari Start point.

VJ
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    vj,
    i have already scheduled my trip and its hard to fit-in the new entry of the location,still i will keep in mind about the above mentioned.
  8. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I have been to Dwaraka Tirumala more than a decade ago. The roads in the present situation can be expected to be butter smooth as a part of Chennai - Kolkata Higway expansion. The temple is not on a mountain (atleast we cannot call it a mountain). So you might not encounter any hair pin bends and steep up-hill drive. You would need to walk up hill to the temple using steps, which would not be many. Can be easily done.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Kiran,
    Steps how many 100,200 or 300 ? , i have gain more weight :D ... Will be my testing time for myselves.hope after coming down i can move my foot from pedal A to Pedal B atleast.
    i remember for tirupathi it took 7 hours to reach at top via steps,it was awesum.
  10. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    I had a dream today morning that I am buying a brand new Fiat Bravo at Rs. 8 lacs :cool: