1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. PuntoMJD

PuntoMJD Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    We can not easily overtake volve bus like ST bus. Yesterday i was crusing at 100KMPH on NH-4 (Satara - Pune) but it was very difficult to overtake one volve (Purple). Volve was overtaking many buses/trucks/cars from left-right-left. what a control :wow.

On same route one Nissan Micra diesel was crusing at speed 110KMPH/120KMPH. I was discussing with my wife that Micra has poor highway manner, lack of ABS. poor braking. After 5 minutes we saw same Micra crashed from front. Fortunately no one gets injured. Micra is very well build but lack of ABS loose the confidence. Well done FIAT for excellent engineering behind Punto and Linea.
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  2. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

If either Viaggio or DART is launched, multiair turbo will come along-with. They are monster of a car for the old tjet.
    Till then it's wishlist.

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Punto MJD, I am sure, you are yet to see a true Punter/Liner or PAL GTS on highway. Look for them, they are rare sight but man, if you get to see one, you will come to know the speed & balance of these cars:D.

I think a car with a slight lapse on any basic (built, braking, control or stability) is as rubbish as other. No half measures, either a perfect car or rubbish. No matter how good the built is, control is equally important. Having said that, built can't be compromised. This is where FIAT wins the heart, the best of all worlds for drivers:dance
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2012
    2 people like this.
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Thats right! calculations have to be different while overtaking a volvo when compared to other buses.

On a related note, when the city roads are full of hardly moving traffic, i look for a volvo, try to get behind it and start tailing it for sometime. it really works well.. volvos cut their way through the traffic easily and are pretty fast at that. small cars usually stay away from buses in stop n go traffic
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Have you ever see an Ambi cornering like this ? Check out
    Ambi Race.jpg
    3 people like this.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Cinju,
    thats the reason why our politicians prefer 'AMBI' :D
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

One of the roadster belong to "Team Shakthi":mrgreen:
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    They are too good in cornering others.
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. I guess my Amby with a reduced GC would be capable of such stuff :rolleyes: Just can't wait to get it back on the road.
  9. anoop

anoop Superiore

Thanks for the snap, Cinju: Please do post if you have more such snaps...
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Anoop please check this Facebook link here. There are loads of nostalgic rally pics from the early 80s & 90s. A must watch one. It is hosted by a group called Team QMSC(Quilon Motor Sports Club)

EDIT:- I am also adding some snaps for users who dont have Facebook access. Not all are included.

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    4.jpg
    5.jpg
    6.jpg
    7.jpg
    8.jpg
    9.jpg
    10.jpg
    11.jpg
    12.jpg