1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    Two days ago I successfully convinced one of my office colleague to go for punto. He was comparing Ritz and Beat and almost finalized Ritz. He might have noticed my car but thought it might be a costly car. He never knew something like punto exists at this rate. It's amazing that Ritz VDi and Punto MJD active costs the same. Still punto active has more features and accessories than Ritz. and talking about car as a whole, Ritz is no where near to punto. Punto is in different league altogether. I wonder how Ritz buyers are convinced about their car.

By the way, my colleague has already booked punto and he is thanking me again and again for referring him to punto.
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  2. PuntoMJD

PuntoMJD Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ People choose Ritz because -

1) less costlier than Swift
    2) to avoid long waiting period of Swift
    3) Maruti SA convince them how Ritz is better than Swift
    4) Maruti A.S.S
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    +1 to avoid Drishti.
    2 people like this.
  4. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Why doesn't anybody buy Mitsubishi cars anymore in India? I checked there website and Lancer is still available in both Petrol & Diesel variants at competitive enough prices to leave competition way behind. I do notice the occasional Pajero/Montero, but Lancer used to be pretty common once upon a time on the roads.

A friend of mine is planning to buy the new 2012 Mitsubishi Lancer Petrol and with 150 HP, it is expected to be launched in the 12-13 Lakh price point. Is there any other enthusiasts car that he can look at with minimum 150 HP? He needs the best initial acceleration and is averse to Honda/Nissan products in India.

Mitsubishi 2012 New Lancer Petrol, Review, Price, Mitsubishi Cars India, Comparison, Images, Variants
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Lancer is a solid car unlike another Japanese cars. Laura TSI will also come in that price with a turbo.
    1 person likes this.
  6. anoop

anoop Superiore

Mitsubishi was like the hare in the hare and tortoise story - they had a good product, excellent brand recollection and had the market almost on the platter, but the company fell asleep when the competition was working harder. Trust me - when i was in the market for a car, the only options I was really looking at were Punto D and Cedia and I rejected Cedia coz it was petrol. If there was a diesel Cedia, i would have some how extended my budget to get one.

They had all the right ingredients, but a very bad \ lethargic JV partner. I still wonder what the story would have been if they partnered with some one who can really extract the best from Mitsu.
    1 person likes this.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    New lancer Looks good
    dl_scenes_s05.jpg
    4 people like this.
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I have seen my neighbor in Bangalore teaching his son.
    Q: Which is the only company that manufactures everything from pencil to Aircrafts?
    A:MISTUBISHI
    3 people like this.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    The below text is pasted from Punto manual in 'correct use of cars' section.

Acceleration
    Sudden acceleration has a very negative effect on consumptions and emissions: accelerate gradually and do not go over the maximum torque ratio. (page No. 99)

Can one explain what is meant by maximum torque ratio in the above statement.
  10. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    what is the top speed of 90 hp? few tfians mentioned that they could easily touch 180s .I tried it thrice in my punto 90hp. In every cases i could not go past 170kmph...is there any problem with my car?