1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Sun initially it was with Marikar motors in Trivandrum for almost 2-3 months & what they did was order wrong parts & replace them. When my friend went to take the car back from them, he was astonished to see that none of their problems were addressed & they have replaced parts which were actually intact. There was also some issue with entire Marikar dealership across kerala & at that time if we wanted to have a test drive, it has to come from Trichur which was handled by a different dealer. Yesterday they got their car back from the coimbatore dealer & they took only 2 weeks for the entire process. Even my friend is very satisfied with the job they have done.
  2. sungoa2010

Indeed horrible situation. In car dealership there is a monopoly. The same dealership holds many brand cars. I think Marikar motors also holds other German brands also. In cochin Tayota ,Chevrolet have the same dealer. Popular has maruti as well as Hyundai. Instead of that a healthy competition will increase service quality.

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 AM ----------

An interesting article on microwave,cell phones and their related health hazards.
    Microwave hazards | RMHI
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

my 2 yr old son watches very carefully whenever i drive, like feet movement, steering & gear shifting. sometimes he tries to snatch the steering. In a parked car, he first tries to press accelerator by one hand & shift the gear with other end & then he sits on the driver seat & starts operating steering wheel. I am sure he will tear apart the f1 one-day. what a talent:steering!!

Got my first dent yesterday!!
    As soon as i came from office, my 2 yr old son jumped into my lap.
    Thanks to the vehicle idling for turbo to cool down, the engine was idled in neutral. i was gathering my stuff from the rear seat & meanwhile formula 1 wanna-be-pro slots it into 1st:dancing. It collided in the wall with a jerk & stopped. The f1 pro immediately reminds "yeh punto gaadi chalta nahi hai (this punto car is not moving)". i was still trying to understand what happened:shock:.

Got the front bumper tapered edge dented inward over 4-5 inch length (right above fiat logo) & grill being cracked slightly though hardly visible. I took it to a local denter & he straightened the bonnet with some precised shots. No paint peeled off so didn't go for a full fledged denting job. The slight uneven surface over 3-4 inch area is visible when watched carefully but all in all, it's ok.

So one tip from my side, idling is good but take care of the gear lever while collecting the stuff.
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  4. sungoa2010

Sorry to hear about dent. But your son is going to be a bigger Fiat fan than his father. :D Better to switch of the vehicle if we are not in driver's seat with kids around.

Keep the little bit of incompleteness on the car otherwise, I believe, it will get some hit/dent irrespective of whatever care one take to protect it. Nature doesn't like 100% perfection. Imperfections make the man to explore the truth behind the beauty. These cars are just perfect with their designs.
  5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Right sun, but who can convince the son?:D
    It has broken the heart somewhat but thank god, beauty is still intact.
    the slight uneven dots can be spotted in twilight zone only, like when under shadow or viewed sideways.
    sure, it's all about learning n learning. Have to take care of the pro in future when engine is still "on".
    but it's funny how people survives it on dangerous roads but mess it up in their parking::pP.
  6. shams

shams Esperto

sad to hear about the dent! good that its been restored without much dent to your pocket.. :)
    like sun said, do not leave engine ON when you are not on drivers seat, additionally, even if engine is OFF, do not leave the key cos i am sure your little schumacher knows how to start the car also..
    sun, are you a writer by profession ??
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  7. sungoa2010

That is because we have almost exhausted all our luck to get a punto(instead of other hatches :dance) and left with little. Imagine a moment, where we could have shifted towards so called better plastics, service network etc etc.:A
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Yes Shams, he knows the exact purpose of the key so will take care in the future. He has special affinity towards Punto/Linea. He calls both of them PUNTO GAADI :D (a term for executive vehicles here). He use "GAADI" term only for Punto & Linea, rest is termed as "car". I never challenged his view why he thinks so::pP!!

But man, The sheet is insanely strong. The impact was much serious than the actual damage.
  9. sungoa2010

By grace of god No. profession and passion doesn't go well,unless one is a yogi, because in between money,ego,jealousy,fear etc etc will come. Now there is no nothing to worry. . Applicable for any profession. :D

Enki, Same with my son also. Only difference is that in his list palio is also there. He like the fiat logo. He shouts from my behind if he spot any Fiat logo,sometime making me to loose my control over the steering. He is not able to spot the Dzire otherwise I would have hit my punto some where. Children have better sense. He can spot any Tata car(he is familiar with it since he was playing around it during the car delivery day) and he shout Taxi car. Some time an embarrassment in front of my colleagues who has vista.:D
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    two weeks back my bro son(studying in 3rd standard) started the car,by pressing the clutch slotted the first gear, the clutch was released and the car started moving, in front of car my bro two wheeler was standing in style.The car was unstoppable to my bro son he ran the car over two-wheeler.after everyone shouting apply brakes then he gently pressed the brakes in trauma.
    Got a nice damage to punto costing me of 4500 INR and pulsar was charged with 3000 INR.

He came to me and said sorry,then i said it was good that you applied brakes in that situation and askd him when i'm in car then only u have to think about your video game :) and as a joke asked him: you should have hit our neighbour's car rather our own two wheeler :D ,he replied me next time.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012