1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    tommorrow i will be going for my 3rd service....

"Laura VRS adv' you have posted in wrong post of my punto's shock-abs problem ;) :-D
  2. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

@ Ganges - Do you have goodyear tyres by any chance? I have a sound when I brake or even turn the wheel while stationary but I am told that goodyears are noisy.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes mine are stock tires Goodyear GT3.
    While stationary if the floor is of slipery kind, then there is screeching sound.
    While normal braking no sounds,yes when i'm in speeed and suddenly apply brakes sound can be heard.

I dont believe that goodyear's are nosiy,a noise is a noise, this can be heard from high rated/priced tires as well.
    its hard to get total noise free tires :D
    I'm happy with GT3,distance covered 29K KMS till now.i'm confident it can go for another 20K Kms.
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Goodyears are solid, will be easy on pocket as lasts very long.
    Yes somewhat noisy but absolutely drills the road, amazing grip & best for braking.
    For me they are the best. May be noise is heard only when we want to hear it. I still can't recollect how goodyears road noise is heard inside cabin. I think they absolutely rock.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. sungoa2010

I liked the ad of ford Fiesta that appeared in today's TOI, Goa
    "A real sedan, not a hatch with with a boot". The more innovative part is the letter "W" is attached to a line along with rest of the word in the phrase "with the boot"(------with a boot) . That gives a visual effect of attaching(spoiling the continuity) a boot to otherwise continuous structure(here line). It is clear to whom they are targeting. Both Sr. Best seller and Jr. Best seller;)
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    Famous quote from Budha: "Desire is the cause of misery". I would reword to "maruti's desire is the cause of misery to many others"!
  7. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

My friend has vw vento and just did his 10000km service and cost him 8k(i actually do't believe that was a full service) But what i was surprised to hear when he mentioned Volkswagen's a new offers.
    Din't fully understand him, so i called up VW and this is what i got to know.
    called AMC. offer is like this..
    have to pay up front.
    3 Services at 15,30 &45 fully covered, 3 free oil top up, and on final service a free interior cleaning. Brake pads are chargeable.
    polo petrol-rs.20000
    polo diesel-rs 26000
    Vento Petrol- 26000
    Vento diesel-30000

its a good move considering the cost of each service.
  8. royj

royj Esperto

It is high time someone renamed Volkswagen as Elitewagen.
  9. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Same is the case of Skoda. One of my friend's rat attacked fabia (Yes some wires were cut,radiator hose was bitten & some insulations were also bitten) got serviced @ Coimbatore (They had to take the car from Trivandrum to Coimbatore for getting things done) & got a whopping bill of 43 k including 12 k regular 30,000 km service.
  10. sungoa2010

But Why he has to take it to Coimbatore? There are lot of dealer's in kerala. Marikar motor's in cochin is also pretty old dealer of skoda.

royj: Already people has the perception that it is a elite car. That shows the sales number even with a 3 pot engine. The renaming will double the sales.:D