1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Ramesh, you are a senior member of TFI and a moderator at another forum as well. We look forward to members like you taking the lead in making TFI a place where there is a healthy and mature discussion on all matters.

You should understand the intricacies of the moderators' work in an instant. :)

Cheers.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    gurjinder paaji I respect any action taken by the mods as that would surely be for the betterment of the forum but just wanted to put my point across:
    theres a difference in 'overspeeding' and 'smoking'. discussions related to overspeeding should not be allowed is what I feel. 'smoking' of most other cars in the same category on the highways just happens without any extra effort if we are in a Fiat. that is how Fiats drive! the posts we are referring to here were about 'smoking' and not overspeeding! just that 'smoking' is a strong word might have become an issue here but anyways whats is true will remain true!
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    So one can expect here onwards the overspeeding word will be replaced by top RPM :D
  4. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    @ Ganges Anna: Top RPM can be achieved at even 10 kmph in the 1st gear by depressing the clutch and accelerating ..... This cannot be accounted to as overspeeding. Its over revving ... unnecessarily.

@ All: The context of speeding/over speeding/smoking/racing is quite huge. We should all respect the views of our moderators and try to reduce their work by not dragging the topic into a discussion/argument. Lets give them time to moderate much useful things than replying and deleting silly topics. We as a team have equal responsibility and should strive to achieve the best quality of this forum.
  5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Its' ok if we prefer to call mango "an orange" & wink at each other that we are eating oranges but in fact they are big yellow reddish mangoes that even puppies can identify.
    "If the movie title "Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (there is some tikling here n there)" would be honestly spoken, it would become 21+/adult movie. Is there is any such thing on other countries auto forums? I am not sure.
    What we are trying to achieve anyways? All it would do is TFIans to encrypt their speeds. For eg. XXX to 1XX because Linea/Punto can't go over 200km/hr:D.
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Kiran,
    You are right !
    both are possible and let the situation of the discussion(over revving or over taking or fast& furious) take over the understanding at that instant ;)
    Ok lets research some new as ENKI initiated :D

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

Agreed... Anna...
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

& shout at mom, look mom how fast i am going! Then Mom will say, yes son, you are an auto enthusiast now:dance
    Why we are referring any loonie toons achieving max. rpms@idle. Top RPMs in top gear is top speed. People do fiddle with Odometer & speedometer what not.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    When some body sits and gets up from the car the sound from the shock-abs can be listened and this was identified when i have apply hand brakes and later found it was normal,when hand brake is not applied.

Now,when car is in running i'm getting the same sound when brakes are applied and the sound is kept on increasing.
    I'm very soon due to my 3 rd service, can anyone suggest me the solution(any mechanical part under warranty changes ?) for this problem.
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Any sound except tyre screeching when brakes are applied is a suspect. Could very well be some issue with shock absorbers or bushes/seals in car's suspension. Pls get it checked asap. If 3rd service is still some distance away, take it to TASS for this purpose only. If any further damage, it may not get covered under warrantee.

By the way Have you seen new Laura VRS advertisement? Awfully doublemeaning:D
  10. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    No need to be cynical here. Enough requests/ suggestions / warnings have been announced on the quality of postings. (Ravi has already posted 2 links, here is the 3rd one -->> http://www.teamfiat.co.in/announcements/3712-quality-posts.html ). One will have to get used to it. There WILL be deletion, moderation, Warnings, Infractions, Restrictions on posting & Ban (We'll hate to resort to last 3 items but will have to if it comes to that)..

Well Said, Kiran

Yes. As mentioned there WILL be deletion, moderation, Warnings, Infractions, Restrictions on posting & Ban etc (We'll hate to resort to last 3 items but will have to if it comes to that).

And here is the 3rd one. Enough announcements/ requests/ suggestions were made...

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/announcements/3712-quality-posts.html