1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

9 out of 10 would anyday support a BMW, I am in minority.
    However, the people who have published articles about X1 are no where smarter than you, so why to trust them blindly?

There is nothing new about X1, it merges pretty much in the crowd & hardly look a different design. It's another X'over that we have been watching ever since days of Innova. However the journalist who has been paid by BMW will definitely write "innovative" in his article. X'overs are nothing but aerodynamic SUV with lesser ground clearance which gains high speed/better FE for it's aerodynamics & compromise on it's off road ability. People who don't do offroad but like SUV will opt for. BMW has launched the vehicle in a low price band which they were not competing into.

Have you seen the Topgear's video where 1940s old mahindra jeep like vehicle (not sure about name), just rolls over a series of big humps like it's routine but a Porsche Cayenne gets stuck at the very first one? what special you see in an X1 that other cross overs don't have? BMW is terribly overpriced for the executive segment (not for rich but they target the middle class). An X1 is faster & handle some 15-20% better than Innova with better interiors, but is it worth of 15lacs of price difference?
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    when all smoking posts have been smoked then probably this one also should not exist ;)
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Do we have that published as well?
    Just to make sure that I adhere to the new moderation policy so that my posts won't get deleted :).
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    If you are aware of which posts containing what sort of discussions got deleted , then you will automatically infer the new moderation policy. ;)

HINT - Shams has quoted a post of mine related to it.

Cheers.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Just common sense.

All must read these 2 threads -
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/announcements/2747-forum-quality.html
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/suggestions-improvements/6348-request-tfis-anniversary.html

We need to enforce some restriction to posts like personal attack, foul/SMS language etc. Details are already there in above 2 threads.
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I have read both these threads and recorded my comments as well. Why I raised the question is couple of my posts were deleted in this thread.

My posts neither targetted anyone nor contained any foul language.
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ramjin, gurjinder already mentioned the reason earlier. The post related to discussion of racing, over-speeding etc. will also be deleted.

Remember all the posts in those discussions has to be deleted.

We expect support all senior members (like you) to help to make the forum more useful. Its beneficial to all.
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    If that is the reason for deletion and mods believe that my posts relate to racing/over speeding, I end my argument here.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    It is not a question of what the mods "believe".

Here is the post of yours which faced the axe :

In keeping with the new Moderation policy, we are discouraging any talk of speeding / so called "smoking" other cars on public roads.

As you can see, that is the reason why your post faced the axe.

Your second post was in response to another such "smoking" post. Since the original post was deleted, so your post , being a reply to it, had to go as well.

I hope things are clear-er now.

Cheers.
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I wrote my comments carefully without any reference to racing with xxx cars and without mentioning of xxx speed.

That is the reason for making the comment, "if mods believe".