1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Configuration options available in Turkey too are pretty decent. Imagine a Medium Grey Linea T-Jet with 17inch black alloys, all black interiors and a sport exhaust.

Sadly, it'll never be possible in India :(
  2. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

These Kurta/Pajama or Dhoti/Kurta Indian politician are biggest pervert that you can find on face of earth. They pretend like their need is what they wear but they are so so consumed like Pigs.

Cars in India with relative currency value scale are ridiculously overpriced. Can you imagine getting Civic for for 14000$ or Rs. 7lacs? Can you imagine getting a 300 HP, V6 Porche Cayenne@ Rs. 1500000. They cost double-triple because of 110% taxes that are applicable on cars during the span it leaves Man. plant & get into customers hand.

Now can you imagine that manufacturing cost + margin that TATA gets on a Nano is hardly Rs. 50000. Rest is all paid to ugly monsters in Kurta-Pajama/Kurta-Dhoti disguise.
    Lets stuff some nuclear fuel into their ##$%^* & propel them out of planet at the speed of light.
    1 person likes this.
  3. sungoa2010

They need to be massless to attain that speed;)
    Why out of plannet ?they will settle in another planet and corrupt it. They should be propelled in to a black hole so that they will not appear again.
    1 person likes this.
  4. guys..
    this time while returning from bandhavgarh i got to see a tyre burst after nashik on NH3...
    this was a new xylo(3 months old) which had swerved to the right after the front right tyre got burst...

the family was really very very lucky that the xylo first got pulled towards left side after which it served right with the alloy wheel almost digging off the tarmac road....
    it stopped only inches from hitting the divider... really very close or else the results could have been shocking

on enquiry i got to know that during 3 months they never ever checked the tyre pressure thinking that they are tube less:shocked

so pls keep it in mind that in case you are going on a long trip..keep on checking the tyres after every certain period of time/running.
    ideal time to fill air should be early morning/evenings without driving much when the tyres are cold enough to give the accurate readings...
    and a small air pressure checking unit is something everyone should have in thier cars..
    it can be calibrated with any trusted tyre shops and we can easily check the pressures ourselves...
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  5. sungoa2010

Thank god. The family is really lucky.
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Chrysler-FIAT ripping apart US auto market

Despite of overall market decline in may 2012, Chrysler has broken all records & sold 1,51,000 vehicles in US last month. This is when Dodge Dart sales is about to begin this month. It's the same company that sold 43,000 vehicles in April 2009 before FIAT overtook it.

Chrysler/FIAT is kicking butts big-time in US market & all major brands (TOYOTA/FORD/GM) are losing share.
    FIAT aimed for 20,000 units of 500 this year, they have already achieved the target 7 months earlier. 4000 units were sold in May. There is huge pileup/backlog for orders of 500. Chrysler is already no.1 automaker in Canada & still gains 27% there.

India hardly matters, Chrysler/FIAT are eating big pies where it actually matters:D. That's where the big shots survive & get killed, not markets like India.

With DART, Alfa Romeo & 8 new products in line up, FIAT is fast approaching no. 1 spot in South America, North America & Canada:p. China remains a challenge for them, the only major market after US which decides no. 1 of the world. Let's see how they approach their big time plans for China this year onwards. They are investing huge amount of capital there.

If Dart manages to sell even moderate given it is already commented "segment leader", Chinese automakers are under serious trouble. Their main stand for them has been the compact segment in North America.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2012
  7. sungoa2010

Another bigger potential market for Fiat will be middle east.
  8. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

@ Bhai - You sold your brand new 75 MJD? Why did you do that? How old was it? Do you mind sharing the details?
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Amey Very correct analysis about ambient temp.,bad fuel,air temp etc. All points are responsible for bad engine performance.

When I drive my ddis car no need to think about air temp.fuel quality,o2 sensor blah blah. Pure peace of mind. I always feel sad about my 90 hp.

This has happened 2 times in my life. 2 time I spent money for MJD. Car gave best performance for first 2-3 k. After that it started to give bad performance. After clocking 3-4000 km car started to give problem of low torque,rough idle,high NVH& engine idle like typical old generation diesel engine like Tata Sumo,407 etc.

But no ecu error. What a .....

But still I love fiat brand because of ride & handling,safety & other electronic gadgets.
    Only one statement seems wrong about gear ratio.Swift has tall gear ratio than punto.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Today, went to Chennai City Centre and witnessed a campaign from Maruti Suzuki. Out of curiosity, I went and enquired about Swift Diesel. I expected that they wouldn't mind me a lot as they selling well with huge waiting period. To my surprise, I was received well, was explained about pricing and was offered TD at my doorstep without even asking for it. Some information I got from them.

- Vdi OTR Chennai is 7.06
    - Zdi OTR Chennai is 7.97
    - Waiting period for vdi is maximum 1.5 months.
    - Waiting for zdi is maximum 2 months.
    - vdi black is readily available for delivery.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2