1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4

...makes you wonder whats up with these blokes at FIAT administration!!!

also brings to the mind an old corporate saying -

" some people are just happy to go home with a big fat paycheck at the end of the day with ZERO responsibility. "
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Does L- Board car can be driven above 80 Kmph ? any speed limit ?
  3. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I don' think any such clause is there...I am not sure though. (please confirm with your area RTO on the matter, might vary from region to region)
    as far as Mumbai RTO is concerned i did not come accross such clause on their website.(maybe i skipped it)
    This is what i found regarding the learner's license through thier website-- SOURCE : Mumbai Traffic Police

RESTRICTIONS
    A person who holds a learner's licence is permitted to drive only if he is accompanied by a duly licensed driver who is sitting in a position from where he can control the vehicle and bring it to a stop if required. The vehicle must display 'L' painted signs, both in the front and the rear end of the vehicle.

A person holding a learner's licence for a motorcycle is not permitted to carry any pillion-rider except the person who is required to be present for imparting instructions and ensuring safety (as mentioned above).
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Chrysler literally smashing the trends:cool

The Chrysler Group announced their financial results from the first quarter of 2012 and the results were good – very good – with the automaker showing a profit more than four times higher than Q1 of 2011 and causing the company to forecast a total profit for 2012 of $1.2 billion.

Chrysler Group profits quadruple in 2012 Q1 with $1.2 billion in revenue
  5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Look at the Rear, Side ways & Front of this beauty.
    The Rear is unmistakably ALFA ITALIANO:mischievous
    I am sweating, i liked it so much:shock:.
    What a CAR!!!

Dodge Front.jpg Dodge Rear.jpg Dodge Sideways.jpg
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The front looks like Fluidic Verna. Quite a lot :confused:
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Normally,
    in traffic,what should one prefer in terms of clutch ,accelerator and brakes.

1.Always keep clutch pressed with slotted gear(1st or 2 nd gear) and apply hand brakes or
    2.bring the gear to neutral and apply handbrakes.

the item no1 made me to think about my laziness :D and always press clutch and change gears may be this reduces the life of clutch plates ? how much it affects the fuel efficiency?

the item no2 :- i feel its the best ? but gives an early call for clutch plates and other mechanics invovled in ?
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Gurjinder, You mean carry those fluidic design theme. May be, but with over or 40 MPG demand for US customer with 150-200 HP base rating, manufacturer has to sacrifice some design ques for perfect aerodynamics. More & more cars will look alike in future with the importance of Aerodynamics in search of better FE rating.

It's way way bigger than a Verna, As big and heavy as a CAMRY/ACCORD/A6:eek:. This car is just 1.5 inch shorter than a Ford Mustang:(. Now try to fathom it's looks with the help of pictures above:cool. Where front manages very good, the rear is one of the best looking of D segment cars i can think of:). Breath taking! Those Titanium black alloys size 18 inch which looks just OK & not over sized on this car. This car with 17 inch looks under tired.
    Absolutely a monster & what a looker at the price of a Corolla/Civic!
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  9. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Looks like a Verna. If launched in India, people will say that its a copied version of Verna. Damn ......
    People might even call Mini Cooper as a copied version of old Swift .....

@ Ganges: In Hyderabad traffic, really very slow moving traffic, I drive 1st and 2nd (mostly) gears without sloting to neutral ever. I only slot to neutral when there is a complete stop and vehicles ahead of me are not moving for say about 30 secs.
    And whenever I am at a traffic signal and had to stop completely, then I slot the gear to neutral.
    I never use hand brakes in traffic. Its more of a parking brake and I use it only when I intend to park my vehicle.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Kiran,
    acually this question came to me due to hyd traffic only.i was stuck in miyapur traffic for more than 45 mins....

for our spoiler,
    i called up nagesh and also met him, but the spoiler was out of stock also checked with other shopd in his contacts, i have to come back empty hand.
    saw the minister road car shops you have plenty of them!!!