1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My bro is on tour along karnataka near by bellary and got a nice hit on bumper while crossing over a big speed breaker didtn recignosed the height of speed breaker,below are the snaps for the same.is it easy to remove such bend on bumper and also one can see gap between the bonnet and the bumper.
    Bend near RHS of the wheel.
    Suggestions please.
    25042012147.jpg
    25042012149.jpg
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Since it is a BNW it may get the magical treatment from angels, like that happened with ramjn.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sungoa,
    Hope the ramjin magic:self healing works here as well,thank god the bumper is not shaky at all...
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Yes, wait for a day or two. It should align itself in so much heat.
    Looks like easy repairable job though, can't see any scratches which would have made it a bit on costlier side.
    At worst, get the dent removed from some local autowork shop & get it realigned.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ENKI,
    though not much to worry about the dent, may be tommorow will be driven to TASS (will talk to my friend in TASS )for the check, as i'm already planned for a drive to hyderabad on this weekend(Will enjoy Labour Day :D).

BTW i loved the front gap between bonnet and bumper ;) only worry about the RHS dent
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Lol... That front gap is really suiting your Punto. I just scrolled up in geek & is in-fact looking nice.
    Check it if only dent can be removed leaving bumper's position intact.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ENKI,
    i hope you are not making fun of my punto :)
    yes, i'm planning to give black border below head light as well to match the gap...it seems my thinking is diverting now towards graphics and stickering ::D ...
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    get it done in some trusted local workshop. this kind of dent wont go on its own. the bumper hasn't come back to shape because some clamp to which it is screwed has got bent. it might just require opening the bumper and straightening the bent clamps to get it back to shape.

same thing had happened to my punto few months back after jumping a speed breaker at high speed. got it done at a garage for 1200 rs. work was really neat. these garage guys are experts at good finishing, provided u find a good trusted one.
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Now don't blame me. It was you who was finding new designing ques in a dented Punto. I just supported your take.
    Now which car looks better after being dented but there is one, Not my mistake:confused.
    Yes sure, that black border looks a better idea than leaving the bumper misaligned, but even the earlier idea is worth.
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Just noticed today that on the FIAT India website, in the Linea sub-menu, the Punto dash is shown :?. Same thing on the Tjet page.

It's a small thing, but it shouldn't be there.

tjet.JPG