1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    It is true that Punto/Linea is not selling like i20 or swift. But I have observed that almost every body whom I know has praised the Punto. People has respect for it. Mine is the only Punto in my workplace(only Fiat car) and housing colony. Even a person who had no interest in cars had stopped and gave some appreciation about the car. People may glance at honda but Punto/linea force them to turn back.

Now I want to share my experience with the performance. Recently I was moving in a side road and one swift was there behind me trying to overtake in the narrow road. When I entered the highway I decided to check the hotness of FIRE . In first and second gear swift was just behind me and from third gear it self with rpm >4K I really felt the power of FIRE engine. Had I not kept the speed limit alarm at 100, I would have been unaware of the speed(120-130) and the black swift was far behind(far far). Since my odo was just crossed 2K I reduced the speed and changed the lane to allow the disappointed poor fellow.The way Fiat has engineered Punto is a piece of art. I simply feeling sympathy for people moved away from this car. They are the loosers. Where else one get this kind of drive for the price you pay?

Problems in Punto are nothing compared to the comfort it gives. No products are 100% perfect. What is important is how it is doing its job. When buying a refrigerator or AC one will first look how effectively it will cool, how safe it is instead of whether it has FM radio in it or what is the colour of light they use in their remote LCD display. What will happen if a washing machine vibrate or move when it is spinning? I have used this kind of common sense when selecting Punto.
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Even I have tried to register in team bhp but my registration was rejected thrice, then i stopped registering it again n again, at last i am home now :lol:
  3. I should have never tried to register ... Damn no respect ..

Yes , Even i have tried thrice to register in toon bhp - i was denied there and there was no proper explanation ... :mad:
    I now regret my actions .. I swear I would never try to register there .. & Why should I ?? We got team fiat:p
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    the best thing in here is ; whenever members starts to criticize fiat and pour in comments against fiat somehow i start to believe (maybe past experience from other forums) that same thread is at the verge of extinction or moderation . then comes couple of our own moderators with even more harsher comments/critics giving a real momentum to threads.

it is nice to see team fiat is not always just blowing trumpet of fiat car .

most of the member just don't give their comments and fade off but they criticize every nook and corner possible .

there is a natural balance between optimism , positive criticism and its contradictions.

makes this forum very interesting and tempting to have a look whenever possible.

hail ...www.teamfiat.co.in !!!
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I saw this photo at CarWale forum yesterday. Can anybody tell if Polo comes with a single reversing light as well? I think that's cost cutting since Polo could have got 2 reversing lights owing to the design of tail lights.

2983.jpg
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Maybe the bulb has been fussed, and only one glowing,
  7. Yes, VW Polo comes with a single reverse lamp. :)
  8. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    now a days most of the cars are coming with only one reverse lamp. like sX4,punto,polo....i think it's a global norm now to have only one reverse lamp....
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I've been trying to get hold of LED's of this intensity to fit in the reverse light bulb slots of the Linea. Sheer insanity :twisted:

STI Rear w 45 LED Reverse Light on tree.psd.jpg
  10. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3