1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

CHinese Owners.JPG

:mrgreen:
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Agree Sun. When I was searching for a car in Jan'11, it is the T-BHP which helped me to tilt towards Punto instead of Figo. In my opinion, we have more negativities on Fiat in TFI than in TBHP.
    2 people like this.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ofcourse one should expect that, as we should be the one to mention -ves as well as +ves as we own it.
    so whats wrong in mentioning -ves ? :confused:
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Fellows wait wait..we need not get into an argument on this. @Sungoa myself & many FIAT owners like me were not even given membership just because of the reason that we owe a FIAT. I know that there are many FIAT owners out there. But I personally know many of them who just for the sake of joining didn't mention that they owe a FIAT. If I start an opinion poll on this you can surely know the figures. I have big respect for TBHP & still I frequently visit TBHP . It's only that I hate users blindly bashing FIAT . Yes as you said it is an individual's right /belief to express what they feel. I have just expressed what I felt ;).
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Words full of Wisdom from Mr. Ganges:mrgreen:

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

yes, that what we are looking for. There is no shortage of built quality, technologies, fun, safety & many more things. But what if some starts to question it's built quality who himself is smoking while sitting on a heap of Gunpowder & just not ready to hear anything out of ignorance (ahmmm... i mean Chinese owners):irked? Such people need any ABC forum to spread bull crap.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Fiat still is untouchable brand for many in India. In any generic auto forum there will be members who hate the brand Fiat. The same case applies to T-BHP as well. I have always contended any posts which I come across that is targeted against Fiat in T-BHP.

What I meant about -ves is that we are having n number of threads for issues in Puntos and Lineas. Sometimes we even have multiple threads for the same issues as well. What a visitor will think about Fiat if he happens to see this many number of issues in a car. Thats the reason why I have always favored the idea of having generic Issues thread for Puntos and Lineas. I am not against expressing the negativities :).

Last but not the least, I registered in T-BHP mentioning that I am a Fiat Fan and Lover and have always admired the engineering in Fiat Cars. Only exception is that I was not owning a Fiat when I did the registration :).
    1 person likes this.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    MODS NOTE - Do not use so many emoticons that they become an eyesore.

Crafted from true fan ::D

ramjin,
    then there should be no team fiat...
    one can understand you are not against expressing -ves rather your love for FIAT :)

it might also happens sometimes a minor problem discussion leads to major problem discussion.
    Bboyy i have to give a lot of thought on my steering issue which started from tires,brake pads and ended up with the wheel alignment.it doesnt matter what we are discussing one should read carefully the threads. meanwhile during this i came to know feature of left drag as an safety...
    let it be n number of threads but the thread owner at the end of the day will be happy to know the cause of issue (one and half year before i dont know anything about of 4 wheeler driving .
    For ex :- the Air Bag failure warning, man i remember when my bro was on andhra tour and need to travel about 800 Kms and this problem came up and need to travel with this issue after reading the thread the problem looked small but who knows if suddenly from nowhere the Airbag shows its air pressure by popping out and there are so many reasons for this issue one says battery the other says after reseting ECU never seen this problem,after switching on/off the engine the warning went-off so these are the solutions with which customers are happy to know the issues,the person facing this problem can just take it as reference and be aware about the issue and take required actions.

few of other threads as summary :-Wind sound inside cabin(sounds like horror movie music ),rattles and niggles(insects sounds sometimes),krrrrr.. krrrr. sound ,bumpy ride(i loved this thread).....
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2012
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Fanboy's perspective: That's default with FIAT because they just flourish when left open in nature. That's why their pics seem to be best when under tree, lakes, on mountains, inside volcano & what not. They are part of nature & not many human left who really Cherish nature!! They will hate FIAT, obviously.

A Neutral point of view: Which car doesn't have these issues? Are you telling me that fragile pastics of "Hanuman" Dzhhhirree ... errr... i mean Maruti Dzhhire doesn't get unscrewed ever? They don't rust?
    Open the engine bay & show me a Maruti/Hyundai 2000's model free of rust/niggles despite they are in millions. Their engines are hanging on almighty's pity. There were very few 1000s of Palio sold in last 12 yrs, still they are gracing our roads in the same numbers & wank like any other new car.

A negative viewpoint: FIAT will not learn. Look at the customer care, fit & finish of Maruti/Hyundai/Honda?
    Their dashboards feels so so slurrrrrpyyy...!! There is hardly any squeaks/rattles. They have beautiful receptionist who make us feel young during those servicing hours. They may even organise something better in future for us. FIAT will never learn how to get the money out of our pockets:A.

An aggressive but very true viewpoint: Most of the drivers on road today earn a driving license when they are in their 40s & above. How do you expect them to get the basics right? The only drawback, those long Jams & problems in their cars. If one drives properly with basics right, even if it is TATA/FORCE Motors, they will hardly bother you. For odd/squeaks rattles from top, bottom, left, right, you are not an exception. They are not expensive to fix & not very tricky either. Learn ignoring them till they are really not bothering you & solve them collectively at a right occasion.

I can put myself in anybody's shoes & bend the stuff way i like.
    Only truth, FIAT knows only one thing "HOW TO MAKE CAR".
    That's why someone buys a FIAT. If you have bought for something else, you are guilty. Point is if you feel like slurrrping plastic & receptionist, buy a Honda:mrgreen:. That Slurrrp is for dashboard only & not for anything else. If you misunderstood, you may be slapped very tight at Honda/Maruti/Hyundai service station doesn't matter how good they care.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    People are always hurry ,recently my trip on NH-4(always heavy traffic) the stretch of 10 Kms Kambhatki Ghat i was with my friend's wagon-r and very steep turns hair pin bends and if i'm owning a car one should let go the heavy 16 tonne 16 32 wheeeler trucks on this turns,and i slowed down,immediately from back hyundai santrowala blowing horn,was not having a common sense.
    then myselves purposely not given him a side to pass on and kept him behind me for 25 Kms :D and after allowed him to go....

after that another wagon-r came behind me at 80 Kmph i thought that he was very much fast and furious blowing horn continously allowed him to go by giving him an right indicator.then found he wasnt at that much speed then we were both at the same pace for 2 Kms and then from behind i20 the toy car came showing his headlight brightness blowing horn.....and the story continues..

The point is people should know when to use Lights and when to blow Horns ::D

Absolutely "The Truth", its really a gr8 feeling when driving Punto especially when the driver seat fully dragged backward(just getting a feel of 2 door punto ;) ) and shoulder driving...
    i was really afraid while driving wagon-r with that kind of dumb steering and still people manage 110Kmph on these cars. how come ?
  10. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Ohhh, inside view is so addictive behind that monstrous dashboard. I never find front view any issue because i have perfect idea of every cms of width of Punto. I think people dying for a front view end up having too much of a view, forget they are in a car & Bang..!!
    As they call it here local for FIAT Linea/Punto : Road par Jahaz sa Chalta hai (feels like it's a ship sailing across):mrgreen:!!

For two door version, why the hell FIAT didn't try a limited edition? That's a big big surprise. It's completely new concept here & people are financially capable for that sort of an idea. Even Auto makers are becoming somewhat prejudiced.