1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

There are two pumps pumping diesel.

1.The fuel pump (from fuel tank to injector pump) starts working when the key is at MAR.

2.The fuel injection pump starts working the moment we crank the engine. It is dependent on the engine to spin it.

I hope i was able to clarify it. :D

1 person likes this.
  2. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

It was some learning here, Thanks!
    I never knew that fuel injection pump & fuel pump are separate units.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

:lol... Sungoa!! your signature now, i just noticed it.

When God found that angels were averse to returning back, he created the new Linea
    1 person likes this.
  3. PuntoMJD

PuntoMJD Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    I could not observe such sound with Swift and Vista which share the same MJD engine. why only Punto?
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

It doesn't affect clutch if engine is revved with basics correct. Clutch is harmed when pedal is half pressed & car is in 4th@30 km/hr & one is using the accelerator because he doesn't want to downshift. It's not MJD/TDI but Petrol Wagon R's, Altos, Beatz that i feel like ramming from behind. These people are biggest culprit for traffic Jams in Metro's. They are obsessed by being in the higher gear so that car will manage a better mileage:A. If properly driven, Clutches can carry on to above 1 lac KM. I only had once the clutch work in my ZEN which ended up @240000 KMs in 8 Yrs. Always revved it till 50 in 2nd gear. Same is in Punto. I generally take it 65 KM/hr in 2nd gear & slot the 4th gear@1600 RPM (In floating traffic situations) where turbo just starts. I easily manage 17 Km/ltr with spirited driving in local Delhi.

Never use the accelerator when clutch is half pressed, you will kill it with in 10000 KMs. If it is working without any stress, it is meant to survive those 5000 RPM of diesel & 6500 of Petrol.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    today driven WagonR for 250 kms on NH4.
    What the hell steering dnt knw people hw manage to cntrol at high speeds total dumb steering no feedback nthng was lyk videogame joystick.
    Was misng my punto when the toy car i20 ,new swift was overtakng me...
    1 person likes this.
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

That's why they hate FIAT. You FIATIANs thump down their Rs. 9 lac effort as toys :A!
    How do expect to convince people this way that pls consider FIAT. Today when i was going to receive my mother at New Del Rly St., there is a newly made Zig Zag kind breakers on NH-10 @ Gheora Signal. You know those baby 5-10 breakers in a row, i don't what to call them.
    Every car was slowing down & if some one would make cover their faces only in camera's, people will bet that they are riding horses & not cars. You know those "YO-YO" jerks from the bottom.

I glided over it without braking it @170 & i didn't feel anything different than smooth road underneath:p. There were 3 vehicle's already crossing braker whereas 10 more were waiting for their turn.
    I couldn't notice the reaction on their face as they got too small in my rear view in a second. But 1 thing is damn sure, They will be scratching their heads for rest of life questioning themselves: "ARE FIATs indeed this better than our cars:confused:?"
    That's the right way of communicating the selling points of your car. I am sure i have turned the FIATs perceptions upside down in a single moment, without advt, better sales strategies, speech, specification sheet, TATA's JV bla;).
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  7. sungoa2010

Enki, I have tested 1.5 IDSI with my 1.4 FIRE. 1.5 iDSI is not a match for 1.4 FIRE. I doubt in real life situations, even ivtec will struggle to cope up with punto 1.4. Even in 140 kmph the way my Punto changes lane is surprising. I have taken city on the same road. I don't think it can cope up with punto in that speed in that road condition. On open straight highway the story may be different.
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Sungoa, It's just engine that i am talking about.
    I never said a product which is "car" as whole.
    I did ANHC's 1.5 VTEC timing on stop watch of mobile phone with my friend along side on passenger seat.
    It was 0-140 km/hr in flat 17 secs:mrgreen:.
    Now i too somewhat underrated it before test drive but i have a completely different view of this engine now. Yes, you are right there as i have already said that i am not sure how much that grunt/revving character will remain intact if the same engine is swapped under FIAT's Rhino .. errrrr.... I mean Linea.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Lol, Tony what if some younger one is driving FIAT?
    Caution: One may go back to womb:lol

I edited your post for a small joke, hope you don't mind. I took it this way only at first reading & realized later that i understood it wrong::OO.
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
    2 people like this.
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

We are talking 0-100 timings of Linea MJD, thread owner is considering one.
    Pls see the list 0-100 timings for 2012 Linea/Punto at below URL of autocar
    New Fiat Linea, Grande Punto review, test drive - Review - Autocar India
    It's not even 18 sec, but 18.54 secs:mrgreen:
    PS: A Rapid can't follow a FIAT for 60 consecutive secs with being turned turtle. Our purpose here is to convey right information on FIAT cars too That magazines are not giving.
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  10. sungoa2010

How can auto car give to different figures? I think 18.54 might have attained while the driver attending a phone call. :)