1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

When few other guys posted the same query. Our experts said that it could be the starting of the fuel pump. I never observed so closely for sounds from my Punto. All I hear and want to hear is the engine grunt. May be I am not a true Fiat fanatic. :D
  2. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Just asking out of curiosity, i have heard MJD uses pre heated fuel mixture to solve the starting problem at low temps by virtue of Glow plugs. There should be some readily available amount of diesel so that glow plugs would heat the mixture just before cranking the engine. I think it should be at the time of cranking only when fuel pump starts working. May be that's why Fuel pump goes "Kaput" when there is no more fuel left in the tank. Merely switching on won't damage them though, in the same car. Switching a FIAT car "ON" would activate it's fuel pump or only when it is cranked:confused:?
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Glow plugs in all diesel engines work on the same principle.

They do not heat any fuel mixture. They heat the cylinder. So that the fuel-air mixture gets to operating temperature quickly and aids in a fast start-up. CRDI engines will start without much difficulty (as compared to older diesels) even if there are no glow plugs. They are just there to make starting that bit easier and faster and control emissions right when the car is started. The glow plugs remain on for a short while,even after engine has started, during cold starts ( to burn unburnt gases and reduce emissions. The dash light will not show this).

4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Daewoo Motors - A visit to the Isolated world of Daewoo Motors

I am just re-sharing a link I came across in facebook which is pointing to another automobile forum. A special thanks to the person whoever has put this in the other forum.

Check here

A must watch one.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Maruthi Ertiga :- Starting 5.89Laks ::D
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Ertiga has been launched?

Let's bet on when it will cross 50,000 bookings :

The options are ( KBC style) :

A. 1 minute
    B. 1 day
    C. 1 week
    D. 50,000 is too less a number. :)
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    If ever Maruti happens to launch a truck, it will still have the state-of-the-art 1.3 DDiS diesel unit fitted with a turbocharger.

Ertiga Prices:
    LXi - 5.89 lakh
    VXi - 6.60 lakh
    ZXi - 7.30 lakh

LDi - 7.30 lakh
    VDi - 7.90 lakh
    ZDi- 8.45 lakh
    * All prices are ex-showroom Delhi
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

okk, thanks Gurjinder but one thing is unanswered.
    Does the fuel pump starts working at ignition on (switching on) or only when it is cranked?
    I have guessed it as at the time of cranking the engine only (based on assumption that fuel pump can only go faulty only when engine is cranked & not merely by ignition on). Just interested to know if it is right?
    Obviously Google is the last option if you won't be able to clarify it.
  9. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

The following are the experts from rediff.com

The 1.3L multijet engine seen under the hood of the diesel trim comes from the Italian auto major, Fiat.
    Noticeably, the engine powers more than a dozen car models (from hatchbacks to sedans to sports utility vehicles) stretching across five companies

Maruti Ertiga MPV comes with both fuel options, three each namely LXi, LDi, VXi, VDi, ZXi and ZDi. The petrol ones are powered by 1.4 litre K-series 4-cylinder, 16-valve engine that delivers a peak power of 95 PS at 6,000 rpm and a peak torque of 130 Nm at 4,000 rpm and delivers a mileage of 16.02 km per litre, while the diesel models are loaded with the 1.3 litre CRDi Multijet engine which is almost free of any turbolag and delivers a peak power of 90PS at 4,000 rpm and a peak torque of 200Nm from as low as 1,750 rpm with a mileage of 20.77 kmpl.

Now atleast people might have the basic idea about where the much famous and appreciated diesel engine of India comes from.
  10. sungoa2010

DDIS with 90 PS, Tsunami for competitors.