1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Punto is hunting you in dream also. If it is a morning dream it will happen.:D
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Earthquake - Did you feel the tremor?

Sometime back, we felt the tremor in our office, it was pretty mild though.
    Did you guys felt that?
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Yes Ravi there was..

According to information available, there has been a massive earthquake measuring 8.9 on the Richter scale rocked Indonesia on Wednesday afternoon. Indonesia's geophysical agency issued tsunami warning following the quake whose epicentre was in Aceh. The Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre issued Indian Ocean-wide tsunami warning.

Tremors were also felt in Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram, Patna and several other cities on the eastern coast of India.

Kindly warn members not to go near the sea and be careful about any after effects. There is no need to panic.

BBC News - Large Aceh quake triggers Indian Ocean tsunami warning
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    The tremors were indeed strong in Chennai. I was in 9th floor of my office building and we felt the tremor continuously for about 20-25 seconds. We vacated the building and just back to my seat again.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    My brother in chennai also told that it happened in T nagar(kodambakkam). But it didn't happened in near places like ashok nagar.
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Yes we too felt the tremor. We were in a meeting room in 4th and the Projector fitted on the roof was shaking slightly and the projected image could be seen shaking for a few minutes. Initially nobody knew what was happening.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The hindi news channels have gone ballistic as well. One of them is showing Tsunami clips from youtube.

I hope there's no Tsunami anywhere.
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    As usual Indian Media has started to exaggerate the news from all corners. To my knowledge, there is no tsunami yet. There is only warning issued to 28 countries.

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

As I am writing this, we are feeling the tremors again. I am leaving out of office and building.
    1 person likes this.
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Ramjn who flirts with danger:boxer!!
    Get out of the building first & post later on:mrgreen:.

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Ramjn who flirts with danger:boxer!!
    Get out of the building first & post later on:mrgreen:.
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Well, ENKI, that was posted as I was getting out :D.