1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Thank you very much sungoa2010 and Gurjinder paaji!
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Will MINI be a threat to VW beetle? I have seen india in listed countries at MINI's website. But the link is not working.
  3. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    It certainly will be. The hype Mini created when it was displayed at the Auto Expo will certainly be enoug to find buyers. Reports suggest that Mini has already received close to 100 bookings. Mini will be an interesting car for a person who already owns a BMW/Audi/Merc.

Also the current Beetle we get in India is outdated. But the new Beetle can turn out to be a game changer for VW. We all know VW's marketing powers.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    What are the changes in new beetle? Many people will think that Mini has copied the design from swift or Fabia.
  5. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    The main change is the styling. The new Beetle now follows VW's new design language. Also, VW engineers have added some 'retro' touches, like the upward opening glove box (sorry can't post the pics, am on an extremely slow BSNL '3G' connection).

No, Mini hasn't copied Swift/Fabia's design, it should be the other way round. AFAIK, the new Mini is based on the original Mini from the late fifties, there was no trace of the Swift/Fabia back then :)
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

You can't apply the same eqn to all vehicles, can you?
    The best eqn i found derived from Newton's laws is mentioned below.
    What about suspension/aerodynamics/RIM & tyre size, ABS non ABS, Whiplash reaction of the vehciles, Caliper/Pads size, their makes, chassis tuning whether it will be able to withstand balance with such drastic relative velocity changes??It even doesn't take Skidding/ABS into eqn? does it? You can calculate the braking distance of i20@400 km/hr by this eqn:mrgreen:.

d = V /(2g(f + G))

Where:
    d is the Braking Distance (m)
    g is the Acceleration due to gravity (9.8m/s^2)
    G is the Roadway grade
    V is the Initial vehicle speed (m/s)
    f is the Coefficient of friction between the tires and the roadway (u)

You corrected me though as i just multiplied by 2 whereas other factors for stopping distance were ignored.

On a side note, it's my personal view that there is hardly a point in following up Newton's laws other than passing exams because one is forced to:thumbs down. It's clearly stated for all laws that it considers outside factors absolutely constant. Like gravitational affect of the bodies (Moon creates tides in SEA, does it's gravity affect smaller objects:mrgreen:). Our earth/Sun comparative velocity in space. I hope you know that there is no circular orbit as such for Planets to revolve around sun. SUN is moving at a speed of 100 Km/sec & all planets tied to it's ckt & are following it in an "S" fashion. Like wait ...PAPA... wait..!!

Newtonian Physics has totally ignored these factors. Understandable it's still good enough considering what we knew 400 Yrs back but still Newtonian physics being read in higher educations makes no sense what so ever. Especially where we need a common theory to develop ourselves further. What the use of studying something which we know is hardly applicable:A?
    Better you get into Quantum Mechanics, it far far away from being Universal but any day makes more sense than Newtonian Physics.
    Good observation though, pls excuse me as i have finished my Engineering in 2002 & blank to these formula's now. I had to google to find a relevant answer to your query. There will arrive a final theory which would be applicable everywhere in Universe as a whole but we won't be around:mrgreen:.
  7. nithin.v

nithin.v Amatore

Hi Enki
    please give me reference for the formula and derivation. According to netwton laws if the road conditions seems negligible and effect of deceleration is same for same car then V^2 - U^2 = 2as. But you linear equation still looks foolish. You just multiply by factor of 2. Education is to apply in real life not to pass the exams alone.
    please go through this
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braking_distance

He he I think you underestimate the Newtonian Mechanics completely. I dont know which branch of engineering you specialized to but still the statement that it's better to go through Quantum Mechanics seems foolish to me. Please have a look on Quantum mechanics and understand on which space these all behave. Still we apply Newtonian Mechanics even for automobiles, for designing of contol systems for macro bodies. I think it's wonderful if you please give me insight to your new theory of applying quantam mechanics for cars:D

Instead of accepting the error please dont play with fundamentals saying it's better to look at quantum mechanics for car
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    MODS NOTE- Do not imitate moderators' note.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2012
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Well, You are the one, the asset for India..!!:mrgreen:
    Newtonian mechanics is never used for cars.

It's specialized softwares with CAD/CAM that are used for the purpose of a vehicle. All parameters are taken into account which i mentioned above & not known in the time of Newton. With Newtonian mechanics, you may design the bullock carts for your own ride which will be challenge with handling balance & stability::D.

Who said Quantum Mechanics is for micro bodies, you mean Atoms, electrons, positrons, neutrinos bla bla:lol.
    I think i am foolish indeed who went into a discussion with Pseudo-scientific genius like you.
    Do you know the concept of "red shift" which is used in Quantum mechanics to calculate distance between Galaxies, Supernova's & it's the basis of conclusion that universe is expanding. I said already you are the one!! Try calculating that with Newtonian Mechanics:rolleyes: & you will rockkkk the planet.
  10. nithin.v

nithin.v Amatore

Hi
    The topic of discusion now become more interesting :D

The topic : Is the stopping distance is a linear relation of velocity or not ? For me it's non-linear by appling newtonian dynamics but to you it's linear. i ask you to share the reference for your relation or formula

For cars, bullocarts and even for rockets we are applying netonian dynamics. Their dynamics of motion is expressed by mathematical models derived from newton laws (Differental Equations).

He he the effect of these parameters can still be described by Classical Mechanics (ro newton laws) . Digital Signal Processing is not their in times of fourier but still every DSP chip has an FFT module derived from his basic theory.

For cars we use radars for cruise control, pedestrian detection etc, there we apply wave eqautions for electromagnetic pulses but tht dosnt mean we will apply for cars. Like for red shift we are analyzing the electomagnetic radiations for that we apply wave equations. That is what am trying to say we apply quantum mechanics for sub atomic particles. Its a region where probablitic deduction comes in to picture. If an object travels fast such that it is comparable to the speed of light we analyze using special theory of relativity. But we will not apply quantum mechanics for the Planets

Please refer the fundamentals before posting some crap scientific stuff in these forums.
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
    1 person likes this.