1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ENKI,
    i have gone through google for the problem and found thats something issue to worry,my car is in TASS now, i have addressed the issue about diesel smell and the old steering problem(now a days i'm disliking my steering).My car is now one year old, as per manual the steering hydraulic oil to replaced after one year, i believe i should also go for this as well..!..

The Delvac1 engine oil is showing its charm.... very smooth.... ride,will post review soon :)
  2. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Ganges, You stated that steering issue is when you apply the brakes at high speeds, right?
    Get your rotors & brake pads checked.
    Tell TASS to smoothen the brake pads with some sand paper & polish them. Best if you can supervise it.
    There could be some linings forming on brake discs too which may cause wobbling in steering when you brake.
    Both these things should fix the issue.

Also get Tyre pressure optimized.
    I felt tyre pressure@30 is best when my 90 HP rides best in 35-40 deg heat.
    For Winter, i have kept 32@all 4 tires.
    Not as mentioned, 32 in front or 30 in rear, get all the tires inflated at 30.
    Now it doesn't mean a standard at all.
    You can try like below as different cars suspension gets tuned differently over a span of time depending on conditions/driving style like Spring set up & elasticity, Shock absorbers & damper's behavior.

Try@32 in all tires first. You should feel a car a bit more bumpy, suspension a little harsher & note the steering response or it may not be like this at all. Now deflate rear tires to 30 & try it on the same stretch again. Does the improvement suffice? If not, pls get the front tires deflated too@30 & cross check now.

You can opt for any no. of the combinations which ever you like most. It would surely change the steering response at each alternation & you have to decide which you like most. I don't think it's steering OIL related, still you get the oil changed if it's as per the handbook mentioned.

Not liking you car these day, Muuuuhahahahahahhaha:twisted:..!!
    Man, i feel 90HP is haunting you. is it so? You are finding excuses for your self... Huh ?? Is it so:confused1..!!
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Just came across a site where they have compared a 2006 Chevrolet Optra 2.0 LT remapped to 170 Bhp & 400 nm Torque & 1.3 Mjd punto (Said to be the 1st one delivered in B'lore) remapped to 96 Bhp & 235 Nm torque by using Diesel Express box. Thought of sharing it with you all

Features > Redneck Pasta | Riot Engine
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ENKI,
    Yeah the same issue i have addressed them to check ! also steering return was little bit hard not quick like before also asked them to note as part of the job.

For Tyre pressure i would also like to prefer 30psi during summer and regarding the tyre pressure test its hard for me to get nice plain roads(NH kind) for this i need to travel 45 KMS away from my region if i get a chance i will do it.

Ofcourse,every1 wants more than enough....
    but i need to wait for another 4 years to think about upgrade as "My EMI is ON :)",till then can manage with 75 HP in 0-120Kmph to challenge 90 HP :) champs... :)
  5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

The Optra's ECU has been genuinely re-calibrated & remapped. The only way Engine performs matter. It would increase the emission & exhaust gas pressure with increased fuel inputs so what, everything will be fine. Though CO2, carbon monoxide & NOx content will me more but it won't hurt the reliability as there is a by-product.

For Punto, A tuning box is used:A. Now, that is bad!! In fact worse with BH 4 engines. Since the ECU is very strict on emissions, will override any command what so ever in favor in emission control. The performance will not be consistent. It will torture the engine a lot ECU fighting with the fuel inputs parameters all the time. Turbo lag won't improve (as exhaust pressure is governed strictest than ever before by ECU in BH4). Result is much like "killing your engine slowly but steadily".

Remapping is the best option. ECU reprogram will liberate ECU to increase the temp. & pressure of exhaust gases at earlier stages, facilitate early turbo spool, can burn all the extra fuel that is pumped for demanded performance. Due to increase compression ratio & air density, the extra fuel will be utilized for a better throughput . Now pls imagine, what happens to the engine with a tuning box which does nothing but keep feeding more & more fuel. Tuning boxes never do anything else. Slap the one if he argues. Avoid Tuning Boxes at any cost what so ever especially for 2011-2012 models. You will ruin your vehicles within 1,00,000 KMs. That's my view, so thought of letting it know.

For me, I have so much of confidence on this theory that between a 2012 FGT - 96 HP / 235 NM (chipped MJD) & 2012 VGT - Punto 90 HP, i will put my money on 90 HP;).
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Enki heard that Pets is doing ECU remaps on punto. Now sure of the exact BHP gain. One of our fellow Tfian seem to have done the remap. Waiting for updates from him.
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Cinju, Remapping is the best option no doubt but it's also very tricky. One can't trust anybody just to do it in a snap. It would require a good expertize with exact insights to Turbo limitations according to it's make, Combustion chamber & optimal compression ratio setting that a particular engine can withstand. Turbo blowing is very usual for incorrect mapping & even good professionals make mistake.

I think too much of greed won't take anywhere. For eg. if you 75 HP/ 203 NM, look somewhere around 90 HP & 230 NM. Engine should be fine & performance will be improved to satisfactory levels. Not any first hand experience but remapping can also facilitate 40-50% gain which won't take anywhere.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sensor values with related to changes of other parameters and also the program should be smart enough to accept new one and act accordingly !
    Looks easy in words,when it comes in digitals '0' and '1' you should try it as profession rather interest or passion.
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Hummm... And Knowledge can be gained without passion???

Passion has to be there somewhere. Who else would ruin his/her life mapping ECU's when he had a whole lot of other stuff to do. It's passion that will make him truly wise & knowledgeable for ECU tuning. Someone doing it for living, will definitely blow the turbo out:mrgreen:.
    Passion & Human complements each other, my dear friend. That the only thing a non living thing can't have & but a Human can.
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Enki as far as I know Petes are highly professionals. Check out their custom code remap page here