1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Yes, totally agree, I find the quality, fit finish top notch compared to Punto and Linea.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  2. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Well, I am comparing my 2012 90 HP to a 2012 VW 1.6
    Not sure about older Fiats.
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Who cares if some made it's interiors with exclusive crystals sourced from RINGs of Planet Saturn:p.
    Relativity,
    I know 1.6 is really good, in-fact fantastic in 80-150 band but pretty avg. after that.
    0-100 with over 12 secs is also like :confused: with 1.6 ltr Petrol in a pint sized Polo.
    My query is, What do you think you feel about it in city drive etc?
    Is it any match to diesel fun & oodles of torque at lower speed in 3-4th gear?
    How so you feel about 90 HP now when you almost zeroed on Polo 1.6 earlier?
    Pls be honest, it's not mandatory that you have to support FIAT here. Either it should be crystal clear that it's FIAT, otherwise slight doubt, it Polo for me.
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Give the 1.6 petrol engine of Fiasta to Figo. It will show how a 1.6 hatch should perform( I am purposefully avoided the union of Tjet with Punto since others doesn't even eligible for a comparison).Regarding interiors, I would say the 2012 model fiat cars have good quality plastics. Not a issue to get worry in comparison with any other hatch.
  5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Sungoa, There are a few cars which looks very scary on paper but they are not actually.
    To be very fair, that's not a statement for all but i think a couple of them i have gone through turned out to be .... pretty ordinary. Not only this, they are even more horrible/difficult to live with daily basis. I expected something more. I was hoping it to be something like 0-100 in order of 10 sec. it's hardly faster by 0.4-0.5 secs, for all that 1.6 & the way engine starts feeling different above 140 (in -ve sense)

Over-rated: Polo 1.6, i20 CRDI (Verna is better any-day) & Swift/Ritz DDi. I absolutely play with Ritz/Swift DDis all day with 90 HP, no comparison what so ever. Obviously if Polo 1.6 is over-rated, it's Fabia 1.6 too. An SX4 Petrol/diesel will make them beg for water. I liked it's top range in both cases & is indeed dominating.

Under-rated: Punto 90HP/Linea MJD (Terribly under-rated specially when it can exploit all of it's engine's potential, i think it will embarrass most other cars with a good driver on a pretty avg. day & without any luck what so ever, truly gutsy cars), Getz 1.5 CRDI (Never drove one but has to be v.v. underrated though balance/handling is nothing to rave about), Cedia sports, New City (If you revv it, it may pretty well lift the nose of new city, too much of power for new city, Awesome top range. I think quickest to 180 among all cars till 13-14 lacs & 0-140 comes in 17 secs. It will even kick bums of Civics/Cruze/Altis, i mean it. But again it becomes completely hypothetical case on it's own, who is crazy enough to take a city above 180km/hr?

Rightly rated: Verna Diesel, Cruze, Palio GTX whatever is left. Still get to check new Verna but considering old Verna & bump in power/torque, anything better will make it more interesting.
    But again, what the use of a FAST car which has to be driven SLOW or may be i am a coward with a Verna?
    1 person likes this.
  6. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

2012 is no great shakes either-VW is still ahead in Interior fit and finish.
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Why are you making him bow to your view?
    He is not a sales agent of FIAT. It's his view & no reason he should change it.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @ENKI - It is also our responsibility to educate someone if he is unaware of certain things. Yes, we have to accept the fact that VW plastics are better than that of Fiat. And also surprisingly, some part of plastics of Manza and Vista too are superior.
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

I think Manza/Vista plastics are best among all cars till 8 lacs.
    It feels most premium & soft touch plastic which none of the car gives.
    No doubt, Manza's has better plastic than VWs. Check it if you haven't.
    You can really feel them hard & knocking which ever car it is.
    But it's about liking plastic this or that, What so educating in this for one?
    let him maintain his view dears which plastic he likes more.
  10. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I am not asking him to bow to my views.
    But i am justing making him realize the reality:)
    And Manza's Plastic better than VW's?
    you gotta be kidding me.
    But then its your view.
    I dont find anything wrong my Linea's plastics as well,its just that other europeans have a higher level of fit and finish.