1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I'm missing 90 Hp :( and i have got good reasons now for myselves if i need a upgrade in future.
    its really gr8 ? getting fuel efficiency better than 75 Hp as well,considering the power!

The more the HP, then high operating temperature which might ofcourse change the meta data of all the components like fuel pump,thermostat,heat exchangers and high pressure pipes.etc etc etc...
    and paying more 40K rupees to this design its worthful i guess,i'm really missing it now :( .
    i should have opted for 90 Hp,no it was my budget problem at that time of punto buy...

Please keep a strip available in your first aid kit ;) (Keep an eye on expiry dates)
  2. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

For Gr8,i would say it's more than enough,one can dare in India.I didn't do much of highway driving, but even with limited hwy driving specifically keeping this aspect in mind,i tried my best but couldn't reach the other end.It climbs 175-180km/hr in a flow like a single breath.You won't need to recheck the needle as it maintains constant upward acceleration.It's always there, whenever@whatever speed you press the throttle.

Why not Crack the way it's meant to be! Take a long test drive of 90HP at the dealership on highway & feel the difference above 100 km/hr. If you felt it really encouraging, it's not nonsensical if you exchange your 76HP for 90HP. Given the amount of highway drive, it is absolutely sane. I don't think the mileage factor of 0.5km/ltr is a factor too much but surely can be an excuse for yourself to zero upon a 90HP;).
    1 person likes this.
  3. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    What Will You Do With the Last Litre of Petrol?

I have been seeing this question in Autocar India (column: Petrosexuals) for many years, so thought of asking it here.

I would auction it and use the money to buy the best alternate fuel vehicle :D
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Use it in the RD350. :lol
    1 person likes this.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Can anyone tell me about the quality of Chinese tyres. In kerala many people are going for these mainly because of the cheapest price. Does any one tried this?
    My father-in- law uses Getz and he is planing to use it for another 2 or 3 years and doesn't want to invest in a new tyre, since his running requirement is very low.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    God allowed angels to stay on earth and asked them in which form they will stay. They all replied "Fiat Linea BNW" (Courtesy:- sungoa signature)

Will offer the drive in 'FIAT Linea BNW' to one of the angel;) :D
    1 person likes this.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    In general the Chinese tires are best avoided. My bro in law has them on his Swift and the noise they make is out of this world.

Kenda tires are a "reputed" China tire. And people seem to be running it in everything from Alto to Laura etc. I wouldn't recommend any Chinese tire, reputed or not. Tires are so, so critical in a car. Why compromise.

And,

Go Indian! Support the Indian Economy! Let's bury the Chinese dragon !:lol
    1 person likes this.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
  9. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Just went for a spin in a new Polo 1.6, my friend drove and i sat in the back. This was a car that I was considering before I selected my GP. It is well built on the outside and is the only polo with a 4 cylinder engine. 1.6 sounds big but we concluded it to be sluggish. For all those who think Fiat plastics are cheap and poor quality, you should look inside a Polo. This was a highline and their most expensive car in the Polo range. The plastics not only look cheap but feel cheap and flimsy. There is no Climate Control, No Bluetooth and No USB. The AC has some funny knobs instead of buttons like in GP. At 7 L on road, it's a disgrace.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

That has to be a first-VW's plastics are excellent.