1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Hey Amit, which reader software are you going to use to read out the ebooks
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Which is the best one available free to download :)? for Android.
    Software as well as e-book download site?
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    while going through Punto manual
    in the section for Comfort and Convinience
    mentioned feature is about Clutch Foot rest ?what does this means ?
  4. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    There is a mould with an inclination on the left side of the clutch where you can place your foot while not using the clutch. Many of us tend to rest our foot slightly on the clutch inspite of not using it. This results in ankle pain (personal experience) and also results in the early wear of clutch plates not to mention that it will also reult in not utilising the full potential of the vehicle since the gear is not fully engaged. While on highways where you will not use the clutch often you can use the foot rest. Personally, its a boon. I also use it a lot in city traffic too.
    1 person likes this.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    The highlighted portion in the below picture is "clutch foot rest" or "dead pedal".

Fiat_Grande_Punto_SS_DSC02676_th.jpg
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Sham for making the Kiran words into pictorial view..
    i never thought about that and not used till now,will now get into that habbit of resting foot on dead pedal...
    Loved it ! after 600 Kms drive, today my legs are paining especially ankle.. had a combiflam... :)
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Congrats:dancing! Pls post the review of combiflam along with the foot rest use next time.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I use gigapedia heavily. God, it is a ocean. Ask for anything it will give. It has a very good collection of technical books collection. I think now days there is some restriction.
    didn't checked it for long time. I have good collection of ebooks on theory of western classical musics, all downloaded from gigapedia.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Only thing i can say from my personal experience Combiflam very good for body pains ! :)

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

does VGT only brings those 15 horses as compared to 75 Hp ? or there is any other changes as well to the engine design?
    weight difference between 75 and 90 hp is of only 14 kilos(Kerb weight)
  10. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

It's the torque band that matters than the max torque for FGT vs VGT case. Since there is only 0.4 Kg M difference of torque between the engines, on paper it hardly looks promising. But the VGT provide better torque graph out of max. 207 NM throughout the range. Where-as FGT's torque starts to fade as we cruise at higher speeds.

For exact working of an FGT, you can take it as Turbine with blade at a fixed angle which is optimized for a particular RPM range to work with max. efficiency. Out of this RPM range, the torque really takes a nose dive.

VGT, it's a beauty. It's more like turbine with movable vanes by changing it's angle to the incoming exhaust gases, which can adjust in very precised way w.r.t to low/high exhaust pressures & optimize the performance at particular RPM range. This vane behavior/angle tilting/adjustment is governed by an actuator. It's so great with it's Vane's angle alterations, that it is very efficient (doesn't let too much of exhaust gas pressure bypassing. Similarly at higher exhaust pressures too, it will adjust & optimize the performance w.r.t to FGT. VGT are generally linear in acceleration with torque could very well be felt at higher speeds. For FGT, as the arrangement itself suggests it's limitation. For VGT, i think we have turbo kicking in at two different RPMs. @1700 RPM, more like linear & engine breath really easy & a propelling one @2200-2400 RPM.

Yes, there are a lots of complication in an engine that is having VGT than the other one with FGT.
    Merely Turbo swap is not enough.

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

That's the best review i have come across on any of the auto forum so far.
    I salute you Ganges:dancing!