1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Ganges, i am afraid of sounding irresponsible here but VGT top range is total carnage for its size. Trust me it fantasize so much when i imagine 2 Ltr VGT-MJD in these vehicles. Man, that could be fatal for these fragile Indian roads that split up each rainy season like it has been air-attacked & bombed during a war:razz:.
    1 person likes this.
  2. sungoa2010

Today I got a chance to sit in Honda city which has done 18K on odo and completed 2nd year. I had driven city long back and that time I was using Alto so obviously there was a class difference that one could feel, and I liked the car. Now after having Punto I haven't driven city. Today after sitting I noticed the following things
    1. there is a noise level in the car and the while comparing to FIRE there is no difference between the smoothness.
    2. The comfort is more in Punto
    3. Punto has much appealing dash and it is ahead of city's dash(it is my taste and people may differ in this) in terms of design.
    3. What we call as upmarket feel is a prejudice. I simply felt out of home and I like my Punto's inside cabin than city, especially my Punto's drivers

what i have written is what I have felt during the 15 minutes that I spend in front passenger seat inside the city.
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Look at this killer..:(!!

500 Coupe concept.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Look at Akio Toyoda, they are Chinese:mrgreen:. I saw one video where he was crying at some TV broadcast in US due to Toyota's shrinking market share.Toyota's main market is US.

What segment LC compete by the way, FIAT 500 or smart4two:D?
    BMW X5M is exactly same with the specification for 0-100 (4.7 secs) with Cherokee having 100 hp less. Braking from 100-0 is best in Cherokee no matter what SUV you talk about. It's 112 ft which is in super car's range:(. Don't question it's off roading ever. LC doesn't stand anywhere when comes to off roading. It's Land rover/Range rover/Cherokee, Undisputed kings!
    Oh ya, It is Chinese! Do you know what were the sales figures of LC in US, it's mass market?
    in 2000: 15,509
    in 2011: 1,662 :lol

Most powerful LC in history is 384 BHP. I don't know what they call it LC/PC/QC;)
    I am hardly interested in Chinese stuff but you made me check Wikipedia.
    You can refer sales stats, engine range at below Wikipedia link.
    The Chinese Renaissance

Cherokee has sold 15000 units last month alone despite of being favorably comparing with Porsche Cayenne in 50000$ range (roughly):dancing.
    Cherokee has absolutely licked many other SUVs, check the stats, come back enlightened & stop thinking too much:).

Did you watch that Hilux Moose test by the way:confused:?
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

So, according to you :

- Toyota is Chinese.
    - A good off roader is defined by 0-100 times and 100-0 braking distances.
    - Range rover is a great SUV.
    -To be a good off roader, the HP figures should be insane.
    -LandCruisers don't stand anywhere when it comes to off-roading.

All i can say is - Ignorance is bliss. Enjoy it.

EDIT - Yes i have seen the Hilux test many moons ago. Yes it failed the test. Every manufacturer makes mistakes once in a while. No big deal.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

The Overdrive show on CNBC TV 18 today compared 4 Luxury SUVs in snow and Toyota Land Rover and Mitsubishi Outlander did very well. So did a SUV by Mercedes. Range Rover got stuck within 20 meters of moving and kept getting stuck in snow. Surprisingly, they still gave the best verdict to range Rover as a balanced SUV.:confused:
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

I repeat for any further doubts, pls refer to Cherokee sales stats how they have shot up in last 2 yrs. As far as LC is concerned, Cherokee has sold 200 times more:). It's not like LC was selling this much only during previous years too. Their sales have come down 70% in last 5 yrs. For Cayenne/BMW/Merc/Toureaq, It sold around 6 times more. Yes,the only difference in cost as much as 10%. More like Punto & i20 but then they have then invested & localized everything. 6 times volume speaks too much additions than just 10% price difference. Chrysler is not able to meet the demand with 24*7 shift in all US plants.

That's why i say manufacturers are sweating in US because now FIAT-Chrysler is fast emerging to be a dominating force. They are well towards magic mark 2 million vehicles this year with new launches. IMO they will be staring the US shots GM/FORD directly into eyes in next 2-3 yrs span. Main stand for Toyota/Hyundai/VW/NISSAN/HONDA/GM in US is their C/D segment cars. Toyota is selling more than 6 lacs (Corolla+Camry) right now. Similarly Hyundai's 5 lacs (Elantra+Sonata), Honda's 6 lacs (CIVIC+Accord), Nissan's Altima (3 lacs annual) & GM 2.5 lacs (Cruze). With Dodge DART launching next month & new 200 C later this year (based on AR's Platform:cool:), I predict that Chrysler can't full fill the demand even if they work their heart out. Pls note that Chrysler wasn't even selling in these segment since last 17 yrs because they just didn't have the expertize. But now, a different story & who will suffer the hell, we don't need to wait too long..:p!!
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
  9. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Just trying to translate what is written above for others to understand.
    "Popular Maruti's mega "FLOP" mela . A bullock cart is much better than this Martui's swift. "

This shows the level of frustration by a Maruti customer. This customer's car had broken down on the day of delivery itself & then frequent breakdown were part of this poor owner's life with this swift
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
    2 people like this.
  10. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Can anyone suggest a good website to download pdf e-books free? I wanna use tablet to read them while commuting in car.