1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Who cares about the impact on Fiat? Anyway its not selling well. Those who wanted to buy a Fiat, this price increase will not be a factor as this is across the brands and segments.
  2. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I care. I was just trying to feel good by finding out if I saved any money by buying before the budget :D
    Also, a lot of people are planning to buy this year (in my office) and I am trying to steer them away from our national car to a GP/Linea :arrow:
    1 person likes this.
  3. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    :)

You should be able to convince them easily as the increase is across the brands. In any case, Punto will be available cheaper than the overrated and overhyped car from Maruti.
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  4. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I will check that before I try to steer them. Right now I only know the price my my 90 HP is more than the top end Swift ZDi.
  5. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You shouldn't compare your 90HP with the ZDI pricing. Look at the pricing of 75HP with that of ZDI. Punto is cheaper even though its on a higher segment than ZDI.
    ZDI pricing is premium not the car.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Swift is a overpriced car. They first keep max price with least features. Then keep on adding things and again increase price. What will be the price of Swift if it gets the same dimension of Punto. Leave the features. There won't be any space left for his bigger brothers. They have to enter in to C+ segment. As ramjn pointed out only premium thing in swift is the price.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Smoke:redcar

i got this question in my mind when i allowed Ford Fiesta to overtake me not only one but more than 3 to 4 Ford Ikon's or Fiesta whenever they overtook me,bboy they emit very bad smoke as if the driver is struggling hard to overtake me or putting lot of efforts on engine.

my car has completed one year, till now i have not seen the smoke.
    Emission of smoke is good or bad ?(i think diesel is burnt efficiently:grin:)
    what are the reasons that causes smoke ?
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Ganges even the Ford people will be telling the same regarding your punto when you overtake them on a hard foot. Even our puntos does emit smoke when accelerated hard. It may be that you have not noticed it when being in the drivers seat.
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yesterday, I saw an Audi Q7 which overtook me while emitting full of smoke :D.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Woh diesel engine hi kya, jo dhuan na maarey !! :D ( Rough translation - That diesel engine is no diesel engine which does not emit smoke)

All diesels smoke mate. When you lug them or floor them. The newer ones smoke less, the older ones were chimneys.

Cheers.