1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. nithin.v

nithin.v Amatore

Hi
    i also don't understand why they discuss again this topic. From the forums i have an impression that the sales of Punto Linea are increasing. I think those sales figures drives them to start a fiat bashing thread like this.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    The thread is as silly and useless as Tom's tricks against Jerry::T Fiat has given some frustration to few due to delay in parts availability. But the frustration of paying hefty amount for a C+ segment cars and seeing the wise man(fiatian) enjoying a better drive in a B and C segment is much more painful than that. So Fiat bashing will continue for ever. Fiat is criticised much better in our forums, but exactly for what they deserve.

It is not advisable to go for divorce for some silly reason and, if divorced , it looks more silly to pester the ex-spouse for getting bored with the current ones . Unfortunately this is happening against fiat except few of those who follow fiat.

I do agree that all models of Fiats are not great in terms of design. But they are not designed for fashion parade. They are designed for the purpose and it exactly serve the purpose. So there is no point in bashing fiat.

The above thread is a virus in the respectable forum in which it belongs, which is a pool of knowledgeable and fun loving people who doesn't come to the surface always, but one has to excavate.
  3. niranjan_81

niranjan_81

Pune
    Excellent thoughts, Sungoa. I really don't know what drives people to even start these kinds of threads which get discussed again and again with almost same set of comments.
    I own a fiat Emotion which has now covered more then 8500 KM in the last 6 months. I did not face any issue either with the servicing/spare parts OR dealer attitude. Initial discussion for fiat bashing used to be on bad quality plastics, then ASS now that fiat improved on both of them they are starting the discussion on models. what do we call them?? sadist is it?? :mad:
  4. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    Yes that particular thread was really useless. If anyone has genuine problem regarding parts availability, they have the right to complain. but some times some people do intentional fiat bashing..
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    There is a possibility that the changing face of FIAT will make its customers forget the not_so_good past. The thread is probably meant to be the periodic devilish reminder to those who prefer to forget the past and welcome the present. To make sure that the issue remains active on the Internet forums even when it does not actually exist!
    1 person likes this.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    [/COLOR]
    ENKI,
    i tried this today,when i removed my leg from the accelerator(was in fourth gear) the speed retards and suddenly felt knocking and need to change the gear with lower one and i guess engineering should be in this way only ?
    then it means your punto is not listening to you:confused:
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yeah, Even mine sails smoothly 4th@20km/hr & 5th@30 km/hr, with 4 people present in the car, and they were surprised when i said that i am on the 4th gear, they could not believe it until i changed it to lower gear and showed them the shift 3 -- 2, Fiat is an awesome car man, Just tame it well
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

That's a good one Ganges but i think you should take it to TASS. There is min. speed tuned for every gear & punto will attain that without any accelerator assistance. That's the basic characteristic of not only Punto but also Linea. It won't ever knock but engine will stop with violent jerk like when i tried in 5th@10kmhr;). I am yet to hear petrol like knocking from my Punto. For eg. if you leave it in 5th@25km/hr & remove foot from accelerator, it will accelerate on it's own & will become constant@35-37 kmph. Similarly for 4th, 3rd, 2nd & 1st. It will never knock doesn't matter if you fill it to the brim with 5 people & do a lots of climbing.
    May be it's due to change in tuning of 2012 models, all i can say. But yours is 2011 one?? Either there is some issue or you haven't tried it. If you want, i can post a detailed video with 5 people loaded & AC on with instantaneous mileage details.
    If you trust me then you can take it to TASS & ask service advisor that why it is not like this.
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  9. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    Ganges
    even my punto dont knock off it goes smoothly in 4th with no accelerator , tried myself several times . It sails smoothly .
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ENKI,
    i have tried it, but not works as per your statement.
    eventhough if i take to TASS do they will convince with my words that for particular gear particular speed should be achieved without any push of accelerator.Is there anything such kind mentioned on whitepaper in manuals or ?

with this kind of drive your mileage will be more than 42 Kmpl:)