1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Friends,
    has any one experienced this now !
    i used to be always online on gtalk through nimbuz application on mobile...
    after log-in, it prompt me for password error,hence also i checked the gmail application through mobile still password error.
    so finally tried on computer ,gave me password error for first time and then again i entered password but with capctha after entering the captcha code(as appears on scree) gmail account got validated.
    dont know what happened,but something have gone wrong with my credentials.:(
    1. was that due to the mobile?:(
    2. or some one else was trying to log-in with my username and trying out different passwords..:hit
    3.or general reminder kindoff from google to initiate the change password activity for our alertness ?:eek:
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    This occurs when you login from a different machine/different IP address other than the one you usually use. Next time you login from your usual machine, you might see a warning note in red at the top of the page saying "your account was accessed from ip address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx on a particular date.
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    fiatlover,
    your are absolutely true! since i'm using in this way from 2 years i.e mobile and PC,dont know why today it has given me the error.
    i have not yet done with the settings for alerts related to unusual activity.

meanwhile i found this something helpful from google:-

"If you're uncertain or you don't recognize the activity, this may be an indication that your account has been compromised via malware. Malware, also called badware, is malicious software that attempts to steal sensitive information from your computer, send spam, or commit fraud. This type of software is often bundled with other free downloads without your knowledge."
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I used to get this alert when I switch to APAC or any US/Aus VPN from my coprorate network. Reason being that DNS aprobably assigns a different IP when I disconnect and reconnect.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    for this alert facebook is also very much clever,when i was in saudi was using corporate network to browse the facebook in office and when i come home(to hotel in saudi) and log in without corporate network it goes fine ,again on next day when i log-in through my corporate network then i used to get an alert with MAP(with a red colored balloon like Google MAPS) showing from which server i browsed the facebook(the location was always amsterdam;))
  6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    The latest issue of auto Bild magazine advises people to choose Honda Jazz, Hyundai i20 or Maruti Swift instead of a Fiat Punto.
    To add insult to injury, the Rio has got an excellent 2 page review and in their words "As a concept, the Rio is fantastic". :chair:
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Why to think it as an insult to Fiat but rather it is an insult to the magazine.
  8. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

No Sungoa, Punto Evo is the same platform with aesthetic changes only. Actually Punto's platform is still best, no doubt about it. 4 Wins in 6 European rally championships since 2006 does speak of something. It has repeatedly beaten Fabia, Fiesta, Peugeot 207, Mitsubishi Evo, Clio, Polo, C2 & what not. Remember that except engine, gear box & 4X4 drive system, remaining car is stock in S2000. Engine, Gear box & 4WD is standard & same across whole range. So basically this rally is all about cars stock handling, balance & endurance being other parameters standard for all. I mean it has really humiliated other competitors. The remaining 2 titles out of 6 that Punto missed was only because it crashed & caught fire in other case to loose the deciding points. No way, if it had continued, it would have won all 6 titles. I saw vehicle/driver details & there were many occasions where only 1 driver (Luca Rossetti) with Punto was racing against 5-6 of Fabias, Fiesta's, Clio's... each. It was out-counted but still munched them ruthlessly & won many seasons.

2013-14 Punto will be based on an all new Platform C Evo-Compact..!! It's the smaller version AR Giulietta Platform & that will be the punto to rob a dealership for, shhhh.... at night:p!!
    1 person likes this.
  10. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    Really sad to see fiat bashing threads and discussions in forums like team-bhp which was considered to be neutral and reliable. I dont think they are doing the right thing now.
    see this
    Why Fiat Has Failed In The Past, Present & Will Continue To Fail In The Future - Team-BHP

I felt its very bad and moderators are allowing to do so?!! I had great respect to the reviewer in that forum GTO. but after reading his New swift review I have lost belief in him also.. I dont know why people are always come and down ride to the maximum..