1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    That's not a stupid question firstly! :)

Depending on your yearly pay package you will need to pay taxes and build some amount of credit standing. Google for something called as "CIBIL score". Contact a financial planner (preferably a CA; some affordable yet good trustworthy person) and discuss your priorities with him/her. You might also need to save accordingly to pay your initial amount to book a car and opt for an EMI which is not too much taxing to your immediate daily survival needs. Things like food, clothing, housing (roti, kapda, makaan aur shayad marriage) might take precedence over the need of car. If you do well in job and save smartly you could have the AVVY much earlier too.

Best of luck..!

EDIT: Congrats for the job BTW.
  2. JohnyBoy

JohnyBoy Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    asimpleson sir, don't scare him with cibil, ca, financial planner etc. What you say is right, but he is a fresher (I assume), so around 20-21 years old. Let him enjoy and not worry about these things for a while :)

adisrini1103, first of all congrats on your job. All the best. TCS is a good company and this can be a good first step for you. Use the opportunities well, concentrate on your work, don't think about buying an Avventura (or any car) for the time being. In 3 years, you will reach the next level and will be in a position to buy your first car. It may be Avventura or some other hot car then. Till then relax, read about the cars, go for test drives, drive your seniors' or friends' or relatives' cars and understand more about them. You will have better idea about cars when you are ready to buy your first car.

If you really want a direct answer in terms of money/savings, it will be something like this.
    a) I see your location as Coimbatore. If you are from there and TCS has placed you there, you can save good amount. Assuming you stay with parents and a fresher's package of 3-3.5L, you can save 15-18K a month. That will be 1.5 to 2L a year. In 3 years you will have enough capital to buy a car.
    b) If you are going to be out of your home town for job, your savings potential will be lower. Say about half of the above. Even then in 3 years you will have enough money for down payment and enough work experience and salary to get a loan without any issues.
    So, as per me it's 3 years.
    asimpleson likes this.
  3. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    @asimpleson @JohnyBoy. Thankyou people, yes I am a fresher, 3 years I can wait, does tcs give you hikes based on performance? Coz I'm doing aerospace engineering and know programming Only to extent of doing embedded system projects... And tcs asks for java and stuffs so I might lag behind

I asked the previous question because I decided that the first car for me should be something I earned. I don't want my parent's hard work wasted by me...I want them to enjoy their earnings at least from now

Thankyou guys..
    hi_hitendrapatil likes this.
  4. hi_hitendrapatil

hi_hitendrapatil Novizio

Pune
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Congratulation for TCS job!!! Now days Java and C# is also part of embedded system for OS ported application and I think in 3 years u can learn easily and then u can make ur dream true... All the best....
    adisrini1103 likes this.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @JohnyBoy, you are correct in a way. All this info can be a bit overwhelming at this stage, but believe me there are so many people who think of planning these things later and that later never happens or it happens a bit too late. I was a bit direct at dispensing info because I am afraid there are no shortcuts here. At-least for the majority of people. A little bit of tension now and a much better reward later.. ;)
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Zen,
    i was about to post that ~FIAT should sell 1.6 Mjd engine on OLX or Flipkart~ saw your post, ooo bboy :d.
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Since the day i started following FIAL/FCL, its been 4 MD's till now they have shuffled. I seriously think they should start seeing the problem else where perhaps FIAT as a whole than just changing the MD's. How long this blame game and sacking/resignation keeps going?