1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

There are no V6's in BMW's Lineup mate. Just Inline-sixes. The N55, sporting a single twin-scroll turbo, is the latest I6 in BMW's arsenal. :)

2. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Still i guess it's a feat for me if I could remember this much:?. I hardly care for anything else than FIAT even if it were S60 & not inline 6!! FanBoy...:cool:
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2012
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    I haven't come across a Fiat Fan like you ENKI. :clap :clap :clap
  4. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    We have the 1.2 Sport. But still I can understand what you wanna say ;)

There's real daylight between Palio 1.6 and Punto 1.2 in terms of performance :)
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I eat more on weekends....::D
  6. sungoa2010

Did any one experienced the drive of a new fiesta and old fiesta 1.6S? How do one rate it with linea?
    Please avoid plastic issues in discussion. I would like to know only drive aspects.I want to avoid starting a new thread and thought this off topic discussion will be the appropriate space.
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Sungoa, Ford international cars are indeed very good products. This new Fiesta is a very acclaimed car & from the international portfolio. They are not tailor made cars for Indians. So the car would turn out a very good one. Ford Focus is one of the Europe's most acclaimed cars. I would suggest you to go through some of the you tube clips for WRCs. To be fair, i think if someone knows good driving & can test the cars to it's core, Linea/Fiesta would depend on individual preference. Any day, the new Fiesta will beat the crap out of Verna/Cities/Corolla's. No doubt about it.

So i personally don't reckon Fiesta to be an underdog by any means. I haven't tested it but it should be fairly on Par with Linea if not more. The reason is simple, Linea's platform is quite aged now (same as Punto) whereas New Fiesta is based on MK-7 Fiesta, the latest one.
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    I have experienced the Fiesta classic back in 2007. I would say that as of 2011-2012, buying a Fiesta classic makes huge sense as compared to the Fluidic/Kinetic Fiesta. It's quite VFM though of course you should stay clear of the "Its an outdated car" talks. :)

Ofcourse, Linea is a timeless design. The Audi like Grill, those super advanced features (My Car, rain sensitive and speed sensitive wipers, auto headlamps, Ecodrive etc etc), rear AC vents at this price point make it even more VFM. If only it had a 1.6MJD, no one would have an excuse to bash her.
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Yep, It's commendable how Linea/Punto still outclasses modern cars even with an generation old platform. I don't think no one believes the fact more than me. But some of the ford products are very good indeed & managed passionate followers like Focuses & Fiesta's but that doesn't degrade Linea/Punto by any means.
  10. sungoa2010

Thanks ENKI and PS. If I am correct the Punto Evo is based on new platform.Is in't it? In BBC topgear Fiesta hatch and Punto Evo are rated high as drivers cars.
    One good thing about Ford and Fiat is that no-compromise attitude on drive.