1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Just 2 days back I dove my friends manza which has run 70k odo for like 10 km distance mostly on bad road. Before that I was in back seat for like half hour.

My observations..
    1. Back seat leg room is really spacious
    2 seat is very comfy.

As driver:
    1. Steering dead
    2. Short clutch
    3. Gear shift seems hard and missing the slot

So the fun was not really as it was on punto. Ride was boring even in back seat and in driver seat.

Mod Note: The Manza test drive experience moved to the Off Topic thread.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yet another Transplant. Bangalore and Chennai coordinate for a successful transplant. :)

Doctors, traffic police and airport officials in Bangalore and Chennai transported a live heart over 350km in just over two hours on Wednesday. "This is the first time we're attempting an inter—state heart transplant. A heart can be kept in cold storage for up to four hours, but we gave ourselves a window of three hours. In the end, it was done in two hours," said Harish Manian, facility director, Fortis Malar hospital, Chennai.

Read more at:
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...lant/articleshow/41648762.cms?intenttarget=no
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Tata Zest:- Value for Money.One of my friend booked the car after we had a test drive .Awesum suspension.Harman electronics. 8.20lakh on road ( Sangli city ) Fiat's 90 PS engine .Top End model.Isn't that cheap.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yes cheap indeed, rather feature packed at the price. How was the Harman Kardon system., does it use Harmon Kardon or JBL speakers also for OEM setup.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Just now saw Punto Evo Tuscan Wine on Road in EC. No number plate and ribbons not off yet. Mr. Owner if you are here, Congrats!

The car was looking really good and 2 of my friends who are not Pro FIAT did like it and acknowledged that it looks nice.
    Sunilp likes this.
  6. Sunilp

Sunilp Amatore

Bangalore
    I saw this car too I suppose. I did not get to see number plate. i saw it at near EGL domlur road.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Loved the lady voice , she is crisp and clear unlike Fiat lady in blue n me.Total 8 speakers.I think 4 tweeters are present.One thing for sure Zest is far more better than Xcent.Will post more details once the car is delivered.Friend paid xtra 5000 Inr for white color.Yes for white color extra 5000inr is charged :D
  8. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Super Charge it. But still, They will be sounding different than a NA block ;-)
    Any specific reason for a 5 cylinders ?

Its not that simple. The Turbo versions normally have stronger internals to makeup for the extra power produced. Meaning the bearing, Piston,connecting rods etc, are beefed up. But I think the T-jet uses the same Block used in NA engine.
    prabhjot and Vijairaj like this.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    It is about powerstroke. A better compromise for cost vs performance and usually transverse mounted, has some extra benefits. It has it's own flaws of balancing but they have been long overcome.

^^ A small quote from wiki. Lots of details technical details there if you are interested to know more.

There is also a Fiat engine in that configuration, except in much larger displacement in one of their SUVs.
  10. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I know them all buddy. Wiki references not required because I am a Mechanical engineer and specialization in Automobile and have hands on experience right from rebuilding quite number of heavy diesel engines to rebuilding gearboxes and differentials.

I was just intrigued because you were longing for a 1.5 litre 5 cylinder with dual turbo. Some like to own different things and some to like to have things which are different. So just wanted to know whether the odd layout pulled you to it or the practical reason.

btw a V6 would be more compact than an IL5 and will be more easier to install a Dual Turbo ;-)
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2014