1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Ya, I have travelled to 15 countries and I have never heard a horn sound,if they honk it is only to caution you that there is something wrong with your car.In our country it will take another 200 years for people to become literate and civilized.Personally I have made it a policy not to sound horn in my 2 and 4 wheelers.
    Even in horns in my place it is well beyond permissible levels of decibel and I instantly develop a ear ache when I hear a loud horn :(, I always suggest people to leave the country and find a job mainly to escape horn sound.
    3 people like this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    ^^ Bala, I totally agree. :)
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Since we have drifted to the topic of horns already, let me add that not having a fully working horn teaches one a lot about driving sense in general. That's one of the reasons I have not bothered to fix the very weak sounding horn in my Siena. The perks of driving around in this cheap tank is others need to mind their distance. ;)

However, in a place like Mumbai where already levels of sound pollution and all other kinds of pollution is high and part and parcel of our life, mainly due to old city infrastructure, planning and lack of space to expand roads; one has to beep constantly at people trying to lane cut very often, we get the thrill of playing video games in real life. The main reason for this honking is that you want to avoid frontal impact to your car at all cost, esp. the Linea. And ofcourse, keeping people from jumping in front of your running vehicle. :D

- - - Merged Post - - -

Yes Ramjn, he is totally right, his suggestion at some level summarized the difference between being literate and being educated. :)
    But I guess this honking chapter falls under common civic sense..?
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I am also driving my punto without a horn for last 4.5 months now :)!
    not getting it fixed isn't intentional, just that a 1 hour checkup at SC wasnt enough for diagnosing the problem and i have been lazy not to give the car for whole day.
    1 person likes this.
  5. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Not a good thing to persist @shams. Get it fixed asap. I shudder to think the consequences. Not using it consciously is different to not having the horn at all. You never know what you could save or how you may be saved from the worst on Indian roads. In India the horn is a NECESSITY. so get it fixed brother.Give it a priority

Abdul
    2 people like this.
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Visited Pondy Bazaar, T. Nagar after a long time and was pleasantly surprised :). I live in Chennai for more than 10 years and I have never seen a big pavement like this for pedestrains at the Pondy Bazaar road. It has always been occupied by the street vendors with little or no space for walkers. It seems like Chennai corporation constructed a separate shopping complex for those vendors and everyone have been moved there. Well done.

20140720_211001.jpg
    3 people like this.
  7. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Ramesh is this place opposite to KFC? wow been there long time ago. Nice to see changes (good one)
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    No Sathish. This is opposite to Naidu Hall.
  9. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    eventhough my punto crossed 1 lakh kms, i never bothered to check the car before going on long trips. 600kms long drives are like 60 kms. Thats the confidence MJD gave me.Man what a car! driven like a hell.
    1 person likes this.