1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Very true Ramesh.
    Today too I witnessed an accident right in front of my eyes.
    The auto driver took a sudden right turn to the petrol bunk with out using the indicator or putting his hands out and a couple on a 2 wheeler from the opposite direction didn't predict that and banged head on :(
    Add to this lots of people drink and drive and worse the bars are located on the NH and the drunkards run Into the road all of a sudden.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Pondy had too many cyclists a decade back. Now, they are replaced by riders of motorized two-wheelers [mopeds/scooters/motorcycles], who occupy the major portion of the roads, most of them narrow, posing problems for the other road-users. If a driver comes out of Pondy without any scratches on the vehicle, then, he/she can be called an expert driver! :)
  3. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    ^^ based on ravi ji's comment I am an expert driver :wowI have crossed pondy without scratches twice and both times I was the only person on road ;)
    1 person likes this.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Not sure you have seen this or was pasted in any other thread!
    Amazing and scary too! I watched this on my TV multiple times.
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Also, the moment they are on road (whether it is a bike, Auto, Car or Bus), they believe that honking is their birth right.

While I was waiting for the car coming from the opposite direction where there was space only for one car, the car has already crossed half way mark but a Santro which tailed me kept on honking which I felt absolute non-sense. After that I made sure that the Santro never goes past me and irritated him as long as I can.

It is complete mess there. I would never want to drive in a car inside Pondicherry again. Still, managed to come out without scratches. :)
    1 person likes this.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I've been thinking of asking before, what's with cops at Pondicherry. Is there so much lawlessness of traffic. The only place worst I can think than your description was Anand at Gujarat a few years back. People literally criss-cross at 80kmph on bikes, cars from any direction imaginable with no concept of halting. Like being caught in the middle of a shoot-out. That must be history now, they say Gujarat is vibrant now. :)
  7. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    So, you were in Pondicherry on Sunday. :)
    Is your car a TN-22 registered Flamenco Red Linea? I remember seing this in Pondy. ;)
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Ya,I was there but only at 3PM and my registration is 32, black grill since it is an active model.
    If you are allergic to honking like me you will have to leave the country,in my town even if there is no one else in the road they keep honking every 30 seconds to announce their arrival,dumb souls, I turn back and give them a long stare.In no other country do they honk.
    Yes, my car too returns with a scratch every time it travels to Pondicherry,narrow roads,too much traffic,even though I had spent 11 years of happy childhood there,I do not like the place now a days but I do find a possitive difference in people living there,they are very simple,transparent and exude comaradery.
    1 person likes this.
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I spotted a TN-22 registered Flamenco Red Active Linea in the hotel where I stayed. :)

I am very much too allergic to honking. I get irritated with the unncecessary usage of this honk. And honking is generally seems to be too high in smaller cities than the cities like Chennai.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @Bala & Ramjn,

If pretty much everyone is allergic to something and one isn't supposed to drive after consuming anti-histamines how should one deal with these things acting on one's nerves..? ;)