1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks for the info., somebody's already laying out the plans for the future it looks like. :D

- - - Merged Post - - -

The current ruling party might have given all they wanted to stop raising some newly contentious issues.
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    TG was approved by central government initially, however the New Chief Minister wanted TS. Rumours are that he wanted TS instead of TG (numerology).
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thank God. It was only TS and not TRS. :D
    1 person likes this.
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    As for now Ramesh,you never know,tomorrow it can become TRS too and they might even give tax sops to cars and buildings painted pink and white :( and people have to budge otherwise there is always a weapon of hungerstrike.
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  5. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Didn't find any budget 2014 related thread so posting here.

An interesting update regarding how excise duty is levied on cars has been changed in this budget. An article in TOI explains this. Earlier, excise duty was levied on the manufacturing cost of the car and not on the cost at which the car was actually sold. There was litigation against this and the case was known as, guess what, FIAT CASE :D . Fiat had filed a case saying that this procedure of levying excise duty is wrong. They gave an example that they were manufacturing their cars for 4lacs and excise was being charged on this amount; whereas they were selling cars at a discount of 2lacs, thus excise should be charged on this amount i.e. discounted cost of Rs 2lacs.

This lacuna has been overcome in this budget and excise duty will be charged at the actual selling cost of the car and not the manufacturing cost of the car.

Remains to be seen whether manufacturers will pass the benefit to customers immediately or not.
    1 person likes this.
  6. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    And as there was a case in Supreme Court against Fiat regarding payment of tax as per the selling price during Uno days; seems Supreme court will have to bow as per this Budget :)
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Surely Fiat should also file for further tax refunds as it was asked to pay-up for UNO in the first place. I don't think they will budge once the sums of excise are down the guts of treasury.
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    It will be a master stroke of publicity for TRS if he will have all the govt cars painted in Pink. (my friend calls him Panji mittaai) :))

Abdul
    1 person likes this.
  9. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    This budget provision discussed above is not for retrospective levies and only for future.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Back after a weekend visit to Pondicherry.

I have to mention about the Pondicherry traffic and the road manners of the drivers there. I am sorry to say, I think 99% of the drivers inside Pondicherry city don't have any kind of road manners which made me to think if they have their sixth sense at all. It was really a nightmare for me to drive inside Pondicherry City. Thank God. Chennai is 100 times better.