1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    It is self explanatory :)
    You know,you get a booze effect when you travel in a verna and may be that is why it sells well :),cops can't detect but you would still be high :)
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    :D Some might consider that a boon. Is it so bad btw?
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Not some, all.
    Who would not welcome a complimentary drink on every ride in a car with a one time investment :)
    1 person likes this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Traffic halts to save life of a patient in Chennai

- On Monday, life in the heart of Chennai came to a halt on Monday to save a life. In a textbook example of precise coordination between surgeons of two hospitals and the city traffic police, a medical team transported a heart from Government General Hospital to Fortis Malar Hospitals in Adyar.

- For those unfamiliar with Chennai, it's important to know that the road connecting the two hospitals is a key arterial road, usually carrying heavy traffic. That the police, doctors and the ordinary people cooperated to block it off for saving a life is obviously a great gesture by a city with a big heart.

- The ambulance carrying the heart, harvested from a 27-year-old man who died in a traffic accident and preserved in a special container at 4 degrees Celsius, started from Government hospital at 6.44pm and reached Fortis Malar 13 minutes and 22 seconds later, at 6.57pm. Normally, a vehicle takes 45 minutes to cover the stretch at peak hour.

- At the private hospital, the parents of Hvovi Minocherchomji's, a 21-year-old BCom student from Mumbai, received the heart - the mother in tears, the father with a prayer on his lips.

- "As soon as the heart was brought, the transplant began. By 10.15pm, the heart was beating in the patient's chest," said Dr Suresh Rao, chief anesthetist at Fortis Malar.

Great work Chennai Police and the Doctors. :clap

Read more at:
    Traffic halts to save life of a patient in Chennai - The Economic Times
    8 people like this.
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Ya, I too read that in the newspaper,but my feelings was more for the young guy who was brain dead,how sad that such a young life is lost in a road accident.
    Did you see the movie CHENNAYIL ORU NAAL?, story was exactly the same.
    My respect towards the Doctor community grows when they create life like this.
    2 people like this.
  6. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    The mother of the brain dead man lost her husband when the kid was very young and now she has lost her only son too. Tragic, but a beating heart of her son is keeping her consoled. Life is tough. A thanks giving prayer should be on every ones lips for every moment lived. Life is too precious to be consumed by trivialities

Abdul
    3 people like this.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Well said Abdul, could'nt agree more. ::T
    2 people like this.
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Bala, you may have travelled in a verna that had tanked up in Pondicherry:)

Abdul
  9. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Lol, no Abdul I did not travel in that verna which tanked up but I know people drive in hoards to Pondicherry to tank up :), since it's very cheap there.
    I have never travelled in a verna and my only wish is to not to do that :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Yes, Abdul even I like simpleson can't but agree more to what you said about life.
    How mature and well read people here in the forum are.
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
    2 people like this.
  10. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi guys, I received a call from TNS marketing research firm stating that they are having a feedback session in a hotel in Juhu, Mumbai regarding our cars on 29th June.
    Free pick up and drop is provided followed by lunch and a gift hamper.

I told that I live in pune and not sure regarding my visit to mumbai that weekend. She told me she will call later next week to check my availability in Mumbai.

Did any other mumbaikar/punekar got the same?
    1 person likes this.