1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    No Idea. I drove it just a few KMs and found it difficult as I had got used to my Punto's clutch behavior, which needs full depression. The way the pedal comes back when released appeared a little odd to me. I felt a slight delay, by a second or so. Don't know if it has anything to do with the pedal alignment in a brand new car :confused:

Any new 90 HP owner can confirm this?
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    What i noticed in my friends new LINEA (2013) is that the clutch travel is same but the cutoff is very high. To explain this better, In my Punto - when i release the clutch slightly, say about1/4th mark from the fully depressed state, the car start moving forward.
    In his LINEA, i have to release the clutch almost 80% for it to start moving.

So basically, one probably might not have to depress the clutch fully for it to disengage from the engine which technically might be called as less clutch travel (although the travel itself is not different, it's just that most of the travel is useless).

Given that i am used to fully depressing the clutch in my car, the clutch on his LINEA does not feel very comfortable. Especially, releasing 80% of the clutch to get the car rolling is very uncomfortable and painful in B2B traffic.

The SC guys mentioned all new cars are like this. Actually, my car is due for a clutch change and i am extremely worried that the new clutch they install will be the new type.
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    That's exactly what I was referring to. My Punto needs full depression of the clutch to shift gears. My friend's 90HP allows gearshift when clutch is half-depressed. The car doesn't start rolling the moment I start releasing the clutch. The cut-off is at a higher position, and you start accelerating expecting the car would move.

This change in clutch behavior is just a matter of getting used to.
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Yeah, matter of getting used to but i prefer the clutch on my car. In his car, i have to fully raise my foot off the floor to get to the cutoff point and get the car moving. In my car, i am able to still rest my foot on the floor while i can get the car moving, a boon in b2b traffic.

Lifting the leg completely each time in B2B traffic will be very painful.
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @fiat lover and @vj_v1: How much have you done with your current clutch?

You should check out that same car after it has done at least 10,000km and you may find the clutch behaviour a bit similar to yours. I think its the normal behaviour of a new clutch because mine was also same in 2010. As the clutch gets older, it starts giving more "back pressure" (dont know the technical term for it).
  6. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    @PS- My current clutch has done 80K but i am pretty sure my Clutch wasn't like that when it was young.

For that matter, i drove quite a few relatively newer vehicles, eg. Nkiran's 2012 Linea that he recently bought. KVharesh's 2012 Punto sport. None of these display that 80% cutoff behavior that i explained. I'm not talking about the back pressure at all, it's the cutoff of the clutch that is very high in the new LINEA im talking about.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi all,
    In tapatalk i can always see a post from 1987 as in the pic. Does it appears on your application as well ?

uploadfromtaptalk1401973675571.jpg

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk
  8. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Yes, it has been acting weird for quite a few days.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Guys, about MANGOES :) this season,the usual favourites banganapally, malkova are not good
    A variety called KAALAPADI is too delecious and cheap too,40 rs a kg
    Don't miss out,just a couple of weeks left for the season to end.
    Am one mad guy who waits for mango season to arrive from the month of January :)
    Thanks to European ban on Indian mangoes, the price has come down from 85rs a kg to 50 rs a kg :) on all mangoes.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    In my tapatalk it always shows one user GautamKadse at the top of the screen. I guess it's a bug at client or server.

- - - Merged Post - - -

I am afraid it is having a similar effect like seafood, the best catch goes for export at top price. What remains is reject for local consumption. The Americans too should ban their Monsanto and do this world a favour instead of banning mangos for fruit flies etc. Watch the movie documentary Food Inc. for a great eye opener.

Also, I am from native Devgad (famous for Devgad Alphonso variety). It pains me to see that local farm owners are giving too much chemical doses for early flowering and maximum gains. They are almost killing the actual stock for bigger fruit.
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
    1 person likes this.